Out-of-bundle and data rollover regulations - Your feedback needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
ICASA is asking for public comment on its new regulations which force networks to disable out-of-bundle data and give subscribers proper usage notifications, data rollover, and data transfer.

ICASA will use the feedback from these questionnaires to measure the impact of its new regulations.

MyBroadband set up a questionnaire to make it easy for you to give feedback.
Please complete this survey to tell ICASA if you think the regulations are working.

Hat tip to Ellipsis and @Jan for making this happen.

Jasboerboel

The roll over data system they use is unfair. All roll over data is parked until you use all data of the new month and only then you get access to the roll over. It will be fair if you can first use the roll over data and then after that start using data of the new month.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
You must be able to disable out of bundle completely, especially on a contract.

Data should never expire,it should be refunded to you if not used for whatever reason. You should be able to use oldest bundles first.

Lord of the Storm

inutes ago

The roll over data system they use is unfair. All roll over data is parked until you use all data of the new month and only then you get access to the roll over. It will be fair if you can first use the roll over data and then after that start using data of the new month.

Lord of the Storm

Data should always be rolled over for as long as the data exists.
If there is limited rollover then that should be used first and only on completion should any new data be used

Capt Haddock

Must be able to disable "out of bundle"
My 24 month deal from Vodacom uses promotional data first, then rolled over data is used, and then the month's allocation is used. I am happy with the order the data is used. As I don't use that much data, carried over data for me will be accumulate and I will have way too much, so I would rather see unused data refunded pro-rata as a discount on my monthly subscription.
My prepaid package for my phone has a 12 month validity. I am happy with that.

Billals

That is only crappy thieving Vodacom who does this nonsense ...This ensures u always use or loose ur data..

Sashus

Interested whether this survey will actually make a difference.

Reactions: ES1

Das_Dave

If I paid for the Data if I don't use it all because of a time limit you imposed on it, refund me for the remaining balance, this is theft. Plain and simple theft.
I did not impose a time limit. I have no choice but to accept it and then they steal the remaining balance. Wake up people see it for what it is.

Metallicson

For what my half-a-penny is worth. It seems unreasonable to have unending roll-over of data. How do the provider fund increase in operating costs? It is like expecting a never ending guarantee on cars, appliances, etc. Get a cheaper package so you can use your allocated data, that, will be a saving. Use it, don't use it.

ThePestMeister

I feel that data package on a contract should be valid for the period stipulated in the contract etc. Per month or per year as per the data bundle loaded / bought. I do also feel that out of contract bought data (bundles) should be valid until you have finished it, weather it takes 1 day to 1 year. I also feel that out of bundle data be charged at a reasonable rate or scale to usage. Charging almost a Rand per MB is crazy.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The biggest issues I have are:
1. Capacity Bundles must never expire.
2. the FIFO principle must be used to without fail to count down capacity bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.