Out-of-bundle data charges – Afrihost vs FNB vs Virgin Mobile

rph72

Executive Member
Just raised an OOB query with FNB Connect. Went OOB by R221 from the 28th. Never received a SMS. :mad:

abbott10k

I've noticed Cell C doesn't warn you about being OOB on their Whatsapp bundle, neither when it has lapsed!Why????

system32

Expert Member
Report the unfair business practice to ICASA

Just raised an OOB query with FNB Connect. Went OOB by R221 from the 28th. Never received a SMS. :mad:
I've noticed Cell C doesn't warn you about being OOB on their Whatsapp bundle, neither when it has lapsed!Why????
Report the unfair practice (aka theft) to ICASA.

FAQ: What does ICASA do?
ICASA regulates the electronic communications, broadcasting and postal industries in the public interest. Its key functions are to:-
a) make regulations and policies that govern electronic communications, broadcasting, and postal industries.
b) issue licenses to providers of electronic communications services, broadcasters and postal services.
c) monitor the environment and enforce compliance with rules, regulations and policies.
d) hear and decide on disputes and complaints brought by industry or members of the public against licensees.
e) plan, control and manage the frequency spectrum and
f) protect consumers from unfair business practices, poor quality services and harmful or inferior products.

Consumer complaints contacts:
ICSA Lodge Complaints Form
Tel: (011) 566-3000
Email: consumer@icasa.org.za

Last edited:

K3NS31

Expert Member
You sure you haven't inadvertently spam blocked them or something? I always used to get multiple notifications before I increased my bundle to "too big to use up" when they did that big price drop last year.

rph72

Executive Member
You sure you haven't inadvertently spam blocked them or something? I always used to get multiple notifications before I increased my bundle to "too big to use up" when they did that big price drop last year.
Nope, checked the blocked messages. Only SABC in that folder.

markings

Expert Member
The one where you least need it, afrihost, has the most effective way of dealing with OOB. Makes sense. We don't have to wonder why that is.
Even then, R100 per Gb is robbery.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
me&you mobile

me&you mobile charges R1.49 per MB for out-of-bundle data, and does not notify subscribers when a data bundle is depleted.

OOB rate – R1.49 per MB
Data depletion policy – No notification
Why would anyone use this company?

Genisys

Executive Member
The one where you least need it, afrihost, has the most effective way of dealing with OOB. Makes sense. We don't have to wonder why that is.
Even then, R100 per Gb is robbery.
I always thaught Telling has the best way, just block OOB data completely.