'Out of control' fire moves towards UCT after gutting part of Rhodes Memorial restaurant

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I would even say that the wilderness firefighters in the Western Cape are some of the best in the world. I don't think that's an exaggeration.
Indeed.
We sent some fire fighters to Canada to assist with the wildfires there.

Anthro

Expert Member
Apparently arsonist(s) have been caught.. citizen's arrest.

Awaiting confirmation
[EDIT]
----

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Just heard that three men were seen setting fire to the mountain - not one but multiple. One man was arrested and it sounds like he admitted to setting fire(s).

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master

Awaiting confirmation
[EDIT]
----

yeah they were homeless people

there is one guy who sits on the n2 by woodstock and has a fire going under those pine trees

• Wow
Reactions: ES1

zolly

Expert Member

Awaiting confirmation
[EDIT]
----

Take this as you will, but my friend lives in the street as the guy who did the citizen's arrest. They were all up watching the fire (couldn't sleep), saw these okes in the bushes running from the fire, and then he saw his neighbour run out with his dogs into the bush. After he caught the one oke, the cops came and got him, and then they were told a little while later (around 3 am) to pack up and move out due to the fire :/

My friend is of the opinion that these firestarters aren't homeless/poor people but guys who are driven by the "Cape Town must burn" extremists on social media. Guess we'll find out in time.