OUTA’s e-Toll court challenge will be delivered on 18 December 2012

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I think the speed is purely due to the importance of the outcome.

But even if OUTA lose, it won't make e-tolling any less of a failure, they will have such high non-payment rates that the system will collapse regardless.

marine1

Honorary Master
I do not think we will win against the ANC corruption machine

guest2013-1

It's easy, drop the levy on fuel I already pay for the roads in Gauteng, and I'll e-toll. Otherwise, don't bother.

This is where I find the model of "Federal" and "State (or our case, Province)" would serve us very well. ie. Western Cape can govern itself, has a budget allocated to them via federal coffers and is augmented by their own tax laws. Not dependent on any corrupted scheme or lubricated handshake just to get enough money to serve the public like they should.

They can then determine their own taxes (sales tax/whatever) if they want and it won't affect any place else in SA. Currently what the ANC decides others just have to follow and make do with. USA is an almost perfect model we could follow (less the credit card/housing/school debt and the hurricanes of course)

DreamKing

Honorary Master

I also feel the same.

however.......I think the jurisdiction system should not intervene the administration system.

you vote for the anc, pay the price. (the toll) :(

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
OK, now they have moved it forward again.... this is starting to look a little bit suspicious! :(

We have been informed that Judge Vorster’s clerk has informed us that the Judge has finalised his judgment sooner than expected and will be ready to hand it down this Thursday, 13 December 2012.
The venue and time remains the same as indicated before, courtroom 4E at 10:00am.

blunomore

Honorary Master
Anyone has any background info on Judge Vorster, e.g. previous judgments of note?

Priapus

Executive Member
OK, now they have moved it forward again.... this is starting to look a little bit suspicious! :(

We have been informed that Judge Vorster’s clerk has informed us that the Judge has finalised his judgment sooner than expected and will be ready to hand it down this Thursday, 13 December 2012.
The venue and time remains the same as indicated before, courtroom 4E at 10:00am.

I'm pretty sure OUTA has lost this battle...no, South African's have lost this battle. :(

DJ...

Banned
Seems the deadline is being moved forward to allow for an early initiation date...:(

Can't think of any other plausible reasons for it to be rushed...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Not suspicious at all. OUTA have lost, plain and simple.

marine1

Honorary Master
I am also convinced they have lost. There is too much money involved in this and too much corrupt gangster politicians

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
OUTA might lose the court case, but I think I heard Wayne Duvenage say they will most likely appeal it, even though they don't have the funds yet.

If you never donated to OUTA's legal defense fund, then shame on you! You are everything that is wrong with this country! :mad:

But even if we lose the court battle, we will not lose the war. Remember to win, all you have to do is NOTHING!!! :D

R13...

Honorary Master
Darn forum still keeps dying:mad:
How did you win the initial the stay that asked for the court review? I'm assuming you are suggesting you won't win whatever the merits of your case as the judge is (will be) somehow biased?

Wyzak

Expert Member
Oh how I wish for a different outcome, but this is what I expect to happen:

"Yes what they did was clearly illegal and improper, but we can't allow them to go bankrupt so... pay up"

This is exactly what the SCA found when the JHB ratepayers took them to court.

DJ...

Banned
If this is to go ahead then they can expect the single biggest backlash in recent years. Finally, an issue that no longer divides the country but rather unites us...

marine1

Honorary Master
Darn forum still keeps dying:mad:

How did you win the initial the stay that asked for the court review? I'm assuming you are suggesting you won't win whatever the merits of your case as the judge is (will be) somehow biased?

I am sorry I do not speak Your language. I donated so I use "WE" including me as I have a vested interest in it

Wyzak

Expert Member
I just hope that South Africans can stand together for once and refuse to buy e-tags. If most of the people refuse to buy e-tags the system will collapse.

I will make them suffer to try and recover e-toll fees from me.