OUTA’s e-Toll court challenge will be delivered on 18 December 2012

R13...

Honorary Master
What reasons were given by the judge?
From the other side of the forum,
“In my view the application cannot succeed,” Judge Louis Vorster ruled.

He said the crux of the Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance’s application, that there had not been an efficient public participation process, was flawed.

Priapus

Executive Member
Always been a lie down and take it like a man kind of person?

Are you planning to buy an e-tag?

No. I'm not paying a cent. SANRAL can kiss my ass.
However, like it not - E-Tolls will go ahead and, South Africans are just going to take it. Earlier this year, 200k e-tags were bought. Just saying.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
That was the final battle... it's over.

Nope, that was just the first shots of the war. The real battle is now on the streets.
The public do not want e-tolls and will continue to resist it by not buying etags and by not paying.
This war is far from over.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
However, like it not - E-Tolls will go ahead and, South Africans are just going to take it. Earlier this year, 200k e-tags were bought. Just saying.

SANRAL has lied to the public through out this entire process... now you want to start believing them?

Lupus

Honorary Master
200k total e-tags were bought, that includes the existing infrastructure + government and fleet vehicles, it never actually stated individual purchases. Also 200k out of 4 million??

icyrus

Executive Member
Directly paying the toll fees is just the tip of the iceberg. The main effect will be on the price of goods and services.

R13...

Honorary Master
Nope, that was just the first shots of the war. The real battle is now on the streets.
The public do not want e-tolls and will continue to resist it by not buying etags and by not paying.
This war is far from over.
If the support of recent COSATU organised protests are anything to go by, you GP'ers are screwed.

Albereth

Honorary Master

SCUMRAL should know exactly how many etags have been sold. And 200k isn't it. If they can't even get something as simple as that right how on earth could they run a collection system? Just saying.

Albereth

Honorary Master
If the support of recent COSATU organised protests are anything to go by, you GP'ers are screwed.

And by the court case so is everyone else in the country. Coming soon to your roads - gantries.

DJ...

Banned
And so the real action begins. If the courts can't do it, then we can and we will!

Expect Cosatu to make good on their promises to bring the country to a standstill...

Albereth

Honorary Master
Does anyone know which regulation covers the fact that all prices of a good or service must be disclosed? Is it the national credit act?

Because I think the SCUMRAL eTolls price boards are about to get very busy.

Bundu

Expert Member
And so the real action begins. If the courts can't do it, then we can and we will!

Expect Cosatu to make good on their promises to bring the country to a standstill...

I just hope they don't get bought off in Mangaung....

blunomore

Honorary Master

He was very vocal about etolling on twitter before, but he has not said anything yet this morning :)

Musiclover08

That was just a small taste, people were not bothered because some thought OUTA would win in the courts. Watch COSATU bring this country to a halt, they will pull every union in this country to strike and I am pretty sure more people will protest. Let's also not forget that when these huge protests take place, things tend to get damaged. Badly.

And by the court case so is everyone else in the country. Coming soon to your roads - gantries.
They have made their intention known and they will toll other provinces if this one is successful.

He was very vocal about etolling on twitter before, but he has not said anything yet this morning :)
I'm pretty sure that he will tweet soon enough. Be prepared for what is to come because this is one war we, as citizens of this country are gonna fight to win.

Mila

Honorary Master
Oh .. good.

you believe SAnral when they gave that number? It's a lie to scare old and stupid people into buying tags.

icyrus

Executive Member
People expecting Cosatu to stop this are dreaming. The guys and the top will be made offers for their cooperation and their opposition will disappear.