OUTA’s e-Toll court challenge will be delivered on 18 December 2012

R13...

Honorary Master
Yes, OUTA should have focused on the high expense of the collection mechanism and the wasteful expenditure.
That's not really for the courts to decide. If illegality occurred it should have been referred to law enforcement or eve the PP.

They should have asked the court to compel SANRAL to release the necessary documents so that everyone could see for themselves... but I'm pretty sure the court would not have done that.
This would have been the best option and the only option pursue-able up to the constitutional court actually.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
As usual, SA is quick to bleat but when push comes to shove we do nothing and we do not stand together.
I bet the gvt knows this all too well.
Now if taxis were not exempt, this would have been a very different outcome and the gvt knew this all along.
They sit there and probably think, those white spoiled people in JHB, they will do nothing in the end and we will win.
That I am sure of.

Yip.. they knew if they touch the taxis they will be fcked. So taxis get a free pass (sell it to the masses that they are exempt).. and yet inflation will increase even more now.... but the masses think ANC is doing them a favour...

Albereth

Honorary Master
That's not really for the courts to decide. If illegality occurred it should have been referred to law enforcement or eve the PP.

This would have been the best option and the only option pursue-able up to the constitutional court actually.

The courts do decide if someone applied their mind.