Outcry over suspended sentence for father who sexually assaulted daughter

ponder

Honorary Master

Outcry over suspended sentence for father who sexually assaulted daughter

Cape Town – A Lutzville mother has described the suspended sentence given to her daughter’s father as a “slap", a "klap in the face" after he was convicted of sexually assaulting the child.
To add insult to injury, community activists said the man was allowed to continue working as a caretaker at the Lutzville police station after being found guilty in January.

The father was sentenced in the Vredendal Magistrate's Court to a five-year sentence, suspended for five years, 24 months' correctional supervision and 16 months’ community service.

The child’s mother, whose name is being withheld to protect the 15-year-old’s identity, said she found out about the assault in January 2018 after coming across a letter her daughter had written noting that her father had sexually abused her since she was a toddler.

“We then laid charges against my husband. My daughters and I moved out in February 2017 after a long marriage of unhappiness.

"According to my daughter, the assaults went on just before we left her dad - so, for about 10 years.” She said her daughter was in the stand in January this year, and her husband was found guilty of two out of five charges of sexual assault and sexual harassment.

“The magistrate said in my face the jail sentence is not fair for sexual harassment and sexual assault. That was a slap, a "klap in my face, and it hurts so much. He has no heart. I told the court this man does not show any regret but goes on as if he is so high and mighty".

OCP

Expert Member
That sentence is a joke - sexual offenders have no place in society.

There are plenty deep mineshafts that are no longer in use - they can send these sub-humans to offend each other there for the rest of their lives.

Cray

Honorary Master
Slap on the wrist from someone who should know better, is there any wonder we have issues with sexual violence in our society. :(

grok

Honorary Master
Slap on the wrist from someone who should know better, is there any wonder we have issues with sexual violence in our society. :(
Nah, our president will just blame white people, like he said we're the cause of them domestic violencing their wifes..

eg2505

Honorary Master
sad outcome
sick society we live in these days when things like this are swept under the carpet.

Supervan II

Expert Member
Did he lick it? Was he smoking whilst sexually abusing/raping her? Did he say a bad word? So many questions ...

Talk about crime against humanity! The government clearly have their priorities arse-about-face! :mad:

deesef

Expert Member
The bunch of cnu'ts are reserving the jail cells for smokers. There ain't no place left there for comrades who destroy the life of s child.