Over 400,000 South Africans now bank with TymeBank

Dups!

Well done, Tyme Bank. Personally, I am rooting for this bank to be in the top five in no time.

South African Banks have long gotten away with daylight robbery, this is the exact change the consumer needs.

I also find it disengenious for people to complain about online functionality for a bank that is barely a year old and trying to find its feet.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
Mine works online?
Online and international payments haven't been launched yet. You might be thinking of EFTs.

Well done, Tyme Bank. Personally, I am rooting for this bank to be in the top five in no time.

South African Bank have long gotten away with daylight robbery, this is the exact change the consumer needs.

I also find it disengenious for people to complain about online functionality for a bank that is barely a year old and trying to find its feet.
It's good for all including those that don't use them. The issue I have is that they launched without having their systems ready. Bankzero has been busy for like 3 years and still hasn't launched but when they do you won't have all these issues.

Dups!

Online and international payments haven't been launched yet. You might be thinking of EFTs.

It's good for all including those that don't use them. The issue I have is that they launched without having their systems ready. Bankzero has been busy for like 3 years and still hasn't launched but when they do you won't have all these issues.
While I agree that maybe, just maybe, they rushed the launch, I think they are not doing that badly. Teething problems will always be an issue.

I will reserve my judgment on Bank Zero until it launches. I am reserving it because of the mess that Discovery made of its so-called phase-in launch. I signed up last year immediately when they opened up the process but until now I can't open an account.

I have actually lost interest in Discovery and waiting to see what Bank Zero does. I am so far happy with my Tyme Bank experience. I am definitely staying with them as my back up or Sa ings bank.