Over Exceriscing Does It Exist?

BlockingThePass

Hi, I'm a person that normally doesn't get sick in a hurry, but I have been doing the gym twice a day and jogging sometimes in between but as of recently I can't function any more [Morning was Weights] [Night Was Cardio]

I have been getting:
Stomach burns
Nausea
Headaches
Feeling Tired/Feel like throwing up after I eat.

When I take a day off I can't seem to function and feel irratated

I normally come home and I'm lights out by 8pm everyday......

Any idea what should I do to improve this or is over exceriscing not a real thing[Google just made shite up]

Jings

Honorary Master
Best to go to a healthcare professional and make sure you don't have an ulcer or hernia.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Looooool 200% not that.
Don't write either off. Cursory search of both hernia and ulcer symptoms include nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.

And yes, you can overtrain your body. That's why professional athletes have carefully managed training regimes that include adequate rest/recovery periods.

Overtraining

BlockingThePass

Don't write either off. Cursory search of both hernia and ulcer symptoms include nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.

And yes, you can overtrain your body. That's why professional athletes have carefully managed training regimes that include adequate rest/recovery periods.

Overtraining

Got an appointment in the morning, let's see what the guy says I'm at a stage were I can't manage

prOd

Expert Member
Got an appointment in the morning, let's see what the guy says I'm at a stage were I can't manage
Over training certainly exists, but your symptoms sounds a lot like digestion / stomach issues, as others have pointed out. If you're training this much then presumably you're also eating more than average carbs, maybe without realizing it. Personally I have some form of food allergy or something that give me at least 3 of your symptoms when I eat too much carbs, I'd suggest toning it down a bit and seeing if it improves your gut.

BlockingThePass

Over training certainly exists, but your symptoms sounds a lot like digestion / stomach issues, as others have pointed out. If you're training this much then presumably you're also eating more than average carbs, maybe without realizing it. Personally I have some form of food allergy or something that give me at least 3 of your symptoms when I eat too much carbs, I'd suggest toning it down a bit and seeing if it improves your gut.
My breakfast is an apple.
Lunch is a naartjie
Supper is A Low Gi Toasted Cheese

Here comes the swearing from people.

Tman*

Expert Member
If overtraining did not exist you would see pro athlete's such as Usain Bolt just run around a track for 10 hours a day getting faster & faster.

Its all a balance between diet, rest & training.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Lunch is a naartjie

Not swearing, but that is far too little food for the amount of training you are doing. Your body is probably turning on itself looking for sustenance and is depleted.

Would also explain the fatigue and irritability (hangry).

I do weight training every afternoon and I am already eating my second breakfast (a bowl of oats). I had my first breakfast at 5:30 (3 bricks of Weet-Bix).

Sensorei

Expert Member
Lunch is a naartjie

And you're here wondering what the problem could be? No points for guessing that you don't event look like you lift. Why bother lifting weights if you can't be arsed to learn the basics of nutrition?

waylander

Expert Member
If you need to lose fat, maintain a calorie deficit and eat whole foods like chicken and veggies. You literally have zero protein in your diet...

waylander

Expert Member
In fact, you're only eating sugar and cheese. This low GI stuff is still just calories. Please fix your diet before you focus on training, diet is 90% of any goal.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Need to lose atleast 10kg in 1 month

But getting the doctor appointment this morning let's see what he says.
I don't think you're being realistic- not wrt any sort of healthy diet at least. I lost about 10 kilos over three months. And that was with a decent balanced diet and moderate exercise. What you're doing is quite frankly dangerous.
You need proper food as waylander (and others) suggested. Real food. Lean meat (chicken, fish, lean steak), veggies (not the starchy type), eggs. Don't over consume, but definitely get some nutrition in.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Could be then that you're not eating enough
My thoughts exactly... a proper diet is sooo very important

Do you even realise that you are not even eating enough. When you said you felt all of that I thought you might not be eating enough.

An apple, naartjie and cheese sandwich is a meal not 3...

Assuming you are also trying to lose weight you need to do something that is sustainable no need for anything crazy just everything in moderation. Even if you just run 2KM you will burn through all that food you ate.

Just FYI your brain cannot function properly either let alone your body you are doing severe damage to yourself.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Lunch is a naartjie

There's your answer, no need to go to a doctor. What do you expect your body to run on? Air and water?

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
-You are under eating
-You are over training

By doing what you are doing you are literally losing muscle mass, opposite to what you are trying to achieve and all your symptoms are the same as an anorexic.

lol 10 kg's in a month is crazy if you were eating 3000 calories a day before you started losing weight and completely stopped eating all together for 30 days you would lose 10kg's. One problem with that you would die....

Only way it would work is if you were abnormally overweight eating 6000 calories a day and cut your eating to 3000 calories.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Hi, I'm a person that normally doesn't get sick in a hurry, but I have been doing the gym twice a day and jogging sometimes in between but as of recently I can't function any more [Morning was Weights] [Night Was Cardio]

I have been getting:
Stomach burns
Nausea
Headaches
Feeling Tired/Feel like throwing up after I eat.

When I take a day off I can't seem to function and feel irratated

I normally come home and I'm lights out by 8pm everyday......

Any idea what should I do to improve this or is over exceriscing not a real thing[Google just made shite up]
Your muscles grow on days off. So take a day off between weight training.

Eat more protein...