Overclocked AMD Ryzen 1800X breaks Cinebench world record

Good to hear. Competition is healthy. Hopefully Intel will finally drop their prices.

now to find out if i will be able to survive in a -200 deg C room :p

well done AMD! give these intel (and Nvidia for that matter!) thugs a run for our money! :D

Awesome performance...awesome competition....naming convention of this chip, not so awesome...rename to the THE KRAKEN!!

Awesome performance...awesome competition....naming convention of this chip, not so awesome...rename to the THE KRAKEN!!

While I know you're joking, it's obvious they named the R7 to compete against the i7, and the R5 to compete against the i5 etc.

While I know you're joking, it's obvious they named the R7 to compete against the i7, and the R5 to compete against the i5 etc.

TK5 and TK7 even sounds better :)

Im just glad about the competition, much much needed!

As a non-IT person... What does this mean to a layman? Is this akin to an auto tuner squeezing double the performance from a smaller motor than competitors can from a larger one?

As a non-IT person... What does this mean to a layman? Is this akin to an auto tuner squeezing double the performance from a smaller motor than competitors can from a larger one?

swap out "smaller" for cheaper and you're getting there (Ryzen is a smaller chip than Skylake but the bit that makes Ryzen interesting to people is that it's bringing performance delivered by expensive Intel parts to price points sometimes 2x lower).

It is what a Nissan GTR is to a Ferrari.
Whoops its ass at a fraction of the price.

1.21 jigawatts! :D

[video=youtube;I5cYgRnfFDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA[/video]

^, reminded of this classic from Party Down -

[video=youtube;8rChLGkUcPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rChLGkUcPw[/video]

:crylaugh:

It is what a Nissan GTR is to a Ferrari.
Whoops its ass at a fraction of the price.

Except that a GTR looks inferior and is built cheaper etc etc.In this case it's actually a like for like comparison.

I'm still using my AMD 64 in a PC at work,it's going strong for over 10 years now.

Back