Packet loss whilst gaming after line upgrade.

Spontaneous spinach

Expert Member
Yeah. The whole reason I chose premium was because I still needed the landline and a speed upgrade. Everything else was the same as simply upgrading a package. Performance is good as well, considering it’s Telkom lol.

Edit: I think if you choose the lite package, then Openserve will come and do some installations or whatever and there won’t be a landline.
Yeah. The whole reason I chose premium was because I still needed the landline and a speed upgrade. Everything else was the same as simply upgrading a package. Performance is good as well, considering it’s Telkom lol.

Edit: I think if you choose the lite package, then Openserve will come and do some installations or whatever and there won’t be a landline.
Thanks man! i phoned them to put me on 20 Mbps premium , haha so been months i have been paying R850 for 10Mbps :laugh: , i hope this upgrade is a smooth transition

Stiffmeister

Make sure your modem can support VDSL! I’d suggest not staying on 20MB ADSL2+ but if your line can handle it, then by all means.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
I had a similar issue.

Call Telkom and tell them that your voice line is very scratchy and noisy and they need to send a techie to sort it out. Let him replace old and badly joined copper - you'll probably see a difference.

Stiffmeister

I had a similar issue.

Call Telkom and tell them that your voice line is very scratchy and noisy and they need to send a techie to sort it out. Let him replace old and badly joined copper - you'll probably see a difference.
I’m all sorted out sir. I just needed to change modulation from adsl to vdsl. Thank you though.

Stiffmeister

Hey man, how long did the order take to reflect? And did they send a technician to your home to change your speed?
It took some time hey. Maybe about a week/two, this was during the hard lockdown.
No technician is needed to come to your home to change the speed, this is all done on their side. However, I did have an issue where my line was syncing at 20mb but there was a speed mismatch with the ADSL account I was using. (Speedtest with my Telkom account was still stuck at 10mb -they didn't change something from my previous 10mb package, but with another capped account from a different ISP I was getting full 20mb speed). I had to give em a call to sort that out. That took a few hrs but was fine after.