Padayachie talks up broadband in budget vote speech (31 May 2011)

McSack

Executive Member
450 million ???? WTF ???

Joburg couldn't even implement a billing system that works for that amount of money... how is this going to even make a dent in the current state of "broadband"

Gladiator

450 million ???? WTF ???

Joburg couldn't even implement a billing system that works for that amount of money... how is this going to even make a dent in the current state of "broadband"

It costs 5mil to implement a working billing system, with hardware, it cost jhb so much cos of the corruption, the best quote from officials i ever heard for IT tenders was, "IT projects can never fail, you keep throwing money at it"

and yes that means more money for the corrupt officials

McSack

Executive Member
It costs 5mil to implement a working billing system, with hardware, it cost jhb so much cos of the corruption, the best quote from officials i ever heard for IT tenders was, "IT projects can never fail, you keep throwing money at it"

and yes that means more money for the corrupt officials

Damn! I forgot the obligatory :rolleyes: to go with any post regarding government

MegasXLR

Banned
nothing to see here. This has been played up in the last ten budget speeches AND in the State of the Nation speeches by the State President as well. We can all safely assume by now that it is nothing but hot air.

Exactly, none more to add.