Pakistan Court directs government to shoot down US military drones

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The Pakistani government has the right to shoot down US drones if Washington ignores warnings to halt the "illegal" aerial attacks, a Pakistani court ruled Thursday.

"The government of Pakistan and its security forces shall ensure that in future such drone strikes are not conducted and carried out within the sovereign territory of Pakistan," said a two-judge panel led by Peshawar High Court Chief Justice Dost Muhammad Khan.

Khan said in the 22-page judgment that the drone attacks carried out against "a handful of alleged militants who are not engaged in combat with the US authorities or forces" breached international laws so those were "absolutely illegal and blatant violations" of national sovereignty.

The court also declared the drone strikes "a war crime" and directed the Pakistani government to request the United Nations form a tribunal to investigate and render a final verdict on whether the airstrikes constitute war crimes.

Source : Sapa-dpa /pk
Date : 09 May 2013 11:19

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I don't blame them! Those drone attacks have been about as accurate as hitting a fly with an oil tanker.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Makes sense, I suppose. It's their airspace, so if they don't give permission for the US drones to fly through, then they're technically invading, and thus, fair game. Whether Pakistan will be able to shoot them down is another question.

marine1

Honorary Master
Maybe they should stop harbouring terrorists? Not so long ago, the worlds most wanted man was living in their country and they knew full well.

Honorary Master
Youtubing some drone strikes, fascinating piece of tech there.

Haldex

Expert Member
Imran Khan is going to win the election this weekend!!
Would be cool, hes a world renown sports star, I wonder what effect it will have on the western world.

Oh and yes the drones have got to stop!

marine1

Honorary Master
Would be cool, hes a world renown sports star, I wonder what effect it will have on the western world.

Lol you think they will allow him to win?
The drones wont stop until they stop promoting and supporting terrorists

Grant

Honorary Master
This should be fun. The drones are "fair game" by any stretch of the imagination.
But then again, if us supplied weapons and guidance systems are to be used to bring down the drones, things may not go quite as planned.

Last edited:

Haldex

Expert Member
Islamic fundamentalists

How so? I thought you meant the West wont want him to win.

This should be fun. The drones are "fair game" by any stretch of the imagination.
But then again, if us supplied weapons and guidance systems are to be used to bring down the drones things may not go quite as planned.

Take out the satellite that relays the instructions?

killadoob

Honorary Master
They're not the fastest things on earth so a jet of sorts with a machine gun should suffice.

I am sure your general anti aircraft ground items can sort it out, don't think they need to scramble jets for it.

Good on pakistan for standing up to the empire, now if the afghanistan government could stop accepting bribe money they could do the same or ask pakistan to ensure their air space is drone free.

Now if yemen would come to the party that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I don't blame them! Those drone attacks have been about as accurate as hitting a fly with an oil tanker.

The Pakistian military has a different opinion to yours:

The Pakistani military has stated that most of those killed were Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants.[16] The CIA believes that the strikes conducted since May 2010 have killed over 600 militants and have not caused any civilian fatalities, a claim that some experts disputed.[11]

Seems strange the Americans would spend so much money and so many man hours working with inaccurate devices. They might as well go back to cluster bombs if we are to believe certain people with political agendas.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma

Imran is going to be cool. I was watching Al Jazeera yesterday and they did this big piece on him. I think the west would like Imran in control. I was like watching some critics of Imran and they were like, "but what if he fails, our countries situation is so sensitive". My response... "really... you can only go up from here. Take the chance!"

Based on their effectiveness I imagine they will run out of targets one day.

wikk3d88

Expert Member
Pfft. Everyone knows the ISI runs the pakistani government, and they're nice and cozy with US intelligence services in any case

my tinfoilhat post of the day