Pakistan tour of South Africa, 2021

3WA

Honorary Master
Who saw the QdK - Fakar runout? Opinions? It's quite controversial. I didn’t watch the match but catching up on news - looks to me like QdK deceived the batsman which is against the law. On the other hand, when a batsman is taking a run, it's his responsibility to make his ground without getting distracted.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Who saw the QdK - Fakar runout? Opinions? It's quite controversial. I didn’t watch the match but catching up on news - looks to me like QdK deceived the batsman which is against the law. On the other hand, when a batsman is taking a run, it's his responsibility to make his ground without getting distracted.
Qdk made the batsman think the throw was going to to the other end.
'deceived' is a strong word and imo quite a stretch.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
The SA public always sells out the white ball games.
Also do you think you would be increasing public interest with your best players abandoning the team mid series.
Since people are restricted from going it inevitably killed of some of the fanfare, so might as well cut losses and head for IPL.

Fans will return and so will the players

stefan9

Executive Member

Batsman's problem. Seen dhoni & sanga do the exact same thing. Its cricket 101 when running, insure you get in your ground.

Shi

Expert Member

Anyone know what QdK said or was it just the pointing that 'deceived' the batsmen? Usually, you would ensure that someone covers the stumps if you c there is no 1. OR you would suggest to the fielder which side to throw.

Last edited:

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
nothing to see... apparently QDK was asking for a fielder to back up at the bowlers end, the Markram, who fielded the ball threw it to his end.

Haaties Mr batsman, your job is to make your ground and not ball watch.

Last edited:

JohnMao

Executive Member
5 years ago.

Indian fans would excuse this away all day. QdK did nothing wrong really. They need to ban all forms of slow balls, googlies, reverse hits and slog sweeps etc. as that's also technically bamboozling batsmen and bowlers too.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
South Africa win the toss, opt to field

The XIs for you:

South Africa: 1 Janneman Malan 2 Aiden Markram 3 Jon-Jon Smuts, 4 Temba Bavuma (capt) 4 5 Kyle Verreynne, 6 Heinrich Klaasen(wk), 7 Andile Phehlukwayo 8 Keshav Maharaj, Beuran Hendricks, 9 Daryn Dupavillon 10 Beuran Hendricks 11 Lutho Sipamla

Pakistan : 1 Imam-ul-Haq, 2 Fakhar Zaman, 3 Babar Azam (capt), 4 Mohammad Rizwan, 5 Sarfaraz Ahmed, 6 Mohammed Nawaz, 7 Faheem Ashraf, 8 Hasan Ali, 9 Shaheen Shah Afridi, 10 Uman Qadir, 11 Haris Rauf