Panic buying morons - covid is coming for you

Alan

Honorary Master
Had to go to Fourways Mall to get a 12v cooler (we've had no power for over 24 hours and Eskom isn't interested in fixing it).

Apart from the guy willingly standing there documenting something on his video camera thing, this is what the entrance to Game looks like:

View attachment 807041
Some brave soul should walk alongside them coughing repeatedly with a dazed look in his eyes. Might have prompted them to scatter.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Popped out to Builders Warehosue quick which wasn't too bad but the Craighall Spar looked crazy as I drove past. We are just waiting for a 48kg LPG gas bottle which we don't strictly need now and then we are done for a little while.
Not worth the risk. Oh well....

Flarsiep

waiting for the first beggar to start threaten, pay me or i cough on you...

SAguy

Expert Member
I went to go get my wife's medication at Clicks yesterday, lady behind me in the queue was so close to me she knocked her trolley into my ankles twice... the third time I asked her to please give me some space. She gave me a dirty look and told me I'm rude... stupid tief.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Drive into my ankles with a trolly?
That idiot is seriously looking at coming to a sticky end.

MirageF1

Executive Member
... stupid tief.
I would have mimicked a lekka klap at her.
Maybe she understands violence better.

Disclaimer: Do not follow the advice given in this post..Doing so might have unwanted side effects from 6'7" farmer Browns, their sons or small man syndrome public heros.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Where all the morons go out to shop or start a thread on morons that are shopping while they are shopping less with the morons.
Staying at home really puts you in a mood bru :laugh:
Rather take it out on us than your wife and kids tho LMAO

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
You sir are a legend!
Trolling people right now sounds like a fun idea.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yeah I saw the line at Checkers for people scrambling trying to get the last milk and bread.

So I just walked across the street to the garage, and bought the milk and bread from the store there. Apart from the teller, I was the only person in store.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Our checkers had zero onions, I mean zero, neither did Spar. Are onions a cure?

Currantly

looks like the panic buyers were right afterall (maybe unintentionally)...so about a week ago I was considering getting my own kettle for my room to avoid having to share a kettle with the rest of the house...left it until rather late due to other stuff happening, then when it got to the last couple of days before the lockdown I avoided the shops (other than bottlestore) due to all the crowding etc. ...now I hear that my nearest operating retailer (P'n'P) have decided that kettles (amongst other electrical appliances) are 'non-essential' items...so looks like I'll be limiting my redbush tea intake for the next few weeks, unless...I could go to Checkers! but that would of course be breaking the law...