PARACON Fineprint prevents 2x pay on Sundays

snugam

PARACON SA (Pty) LTD throws the following fine-print in their contractor's faces when they want to know why they didn't get double pay for working on a Sunday (this is highlighted and sent back to you).

"All additional hours worked must be pre-authorized by the Client in writing; and will be paid at the Standard Fee"​

Just as a note; look for this line before signing with them.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
PARACON SA (Pty) LTD throws the following fine-print in their contractor's faces when they want to know why they didn't get double pay for working on a Sunday (this is highlighted and sent back to you).

"All additional hours worked must be pre-authorized by the Client in writing; and will be paid at the Standard Fee"​

Just as a note; look for this line before signing with them.

That is standard practice with most contractors. They've reminded us numerous times at my current contract - get authorisation first, else don't do it. I work with a number of people from Paracon, they all seem to be aware of that little factiod. I've never heard any of them complain that they don't get overtime when working additional hours. And the Overtime is Fee is negociated with the client beforehand.

Last edited:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Yup was with them for a long time until recently. Glad I finally made the move.

infodrop

Thank you for highlighting this matter. Useful information ahead of being caught out.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Thank you for highlighting this matter. Useful information ahead of being caught out.

Wonder what other labour brokers have this nasty trick up their sleeve?

I suppose they got to get money somehow.....