Parents fume as black and white grade R children are 'separated' in North West classroom

Mila

Honorary Master
It's easy to identify those with small kids on this thread, as they all say the same thing, kids mingle with no outside interference.

Parents were asked to leave after assembly I think, they shouldn't have had any input.

For kids at that age, teachers word go. If I tell either of my kids anything, me that fathered them, the first face both of them saw the first time they opened their eyes, the person who spend many a night awake taking care of them, and then that bloody teacher comes and says something else, I'm automatically wrong in their eyes.

I can explain till I'm blue in the face, teacher said xyz. My daughter actually told me straight she believes teacher over me.

So when teacher says you sit here, chances are they will listen as long as mommy and daddy are not around, which is the reason the parents are asked to leave.
So the teacher said sit with a friend.
The mom is a racist, she saw all the pictures and made a race issue out of one.

Not everything is racist people are having outrage problems without having the whole picture.

Ffs people are like the NG church, if you do not understand it or have half the message it has to be ‘satanic’

thechamp

Honorary Master
Summary Report
by: Mohau Cool Mohh Tutubala
  1. Pictures were taken by the teacher and sent them to the parents group chat.
  2. Only one picture took the trend
So a couple of pictures were sent out but the mother ignored all the others and took exception to that one single picture?

konfab

Honorary Master
Summary Report
  3. The class is of Grade Rs.
  4. Apparently the reason for the set up is that as a new learner you are left to associate with the person of your choice, hence the blacks and Whites sittings.
  5. SGB promised to release the statement as soon as possible to explain in detail.
  6. The school is against racism at all costs.
  7. If the teacher was racist then she would have not sent the pictures to the parents group chat.
  8. The princpal and SGB acknowledges that the photo looks very bad.
  9. The teacher was interviewed hence the knowing of parents chat group by SGB.
  10. Matter is resolved and appreciated our intervention.

TAP IMAGES BELOW TO EXPAND PHOTO GALLERY
Nazi thinking right there. If their choices result in anything else than an exact representation of national demographics then they are proto-fascists in training.

Hence the teachers should intervene with diversity training and tell them they need to have less friends with members of their own race.

Mila

Honorary Master
It is about as Afrikaans as you can get in the country.

My gran grew up in a farm in the area.

Nazi thinking right there. If their choices result in anything else than an exact representation of national demographics then they are proto-fascists in training.

Hence the teachers should intervene with diversity training and tell them they need to have less friends with members of their own race.
Look at the pictures! Ffs.
So for one moment they sat down with friends and now there is a **** storm.

Forcing intergation is working fantastic. The class was mixed with in the same day naturally.

The outrage!!!!!!

thechamp

Honorary Master
Attention seeking, I think the mother is the racist in this regard, she sees what she wants to see.
The whole story from the OP was that there was a picture sent to the whatsapp group, nothing about multiple pictures, hence my question, it is highly unlikely that the parent would just ignore the other pictures and choose to complain about a single picture, unless the others were sent out later?

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Typical day in the new south Africa. non-whites see racism (at least all of those I sent the pic to and asked for an opinion) and whites don't see racism (at least all of those I sent the pic to and asked for an opinion).

rietrot

Honorary Master
Summary Report
  3. The class is of Grade Rs.
  4. Apparently the reason for the set up is that as a new learner you are left to associate with the person of your choice, hence the blacks and Whites sittings.
  5. SGB promised to release the statement as soon as possible to explain in detail.
  6. The school is against racism at all costs.
  7. If the teacher was racist then she would have not sent the pictures to the parents group chat.
  8. The princpal and SGB acknowledges that the photo looks very bad.
  9. The teacher was interviewed hence the knowing of parents chat group by SGB.
  10. Matter is resolved and appreciated our intervention.

TAP IMAGES BELOW TO EXPAND PHOTO GALLERY
The additional pictures were definitely taken after the fact as a cover-up.

ekske1

Expert Member
Typical day in the new south Africa. non-whites see racism (at least all of those I sent the pic to and asked for an opinion) and whites don't see racism (at least all of those I sent the pic to and asked for an opinion).
Isn't that exactly what the blacks wanted? No more racism...

dj2381

Expert Member
Surely the pics will have a timestamp on them? Would be interesting to get those details, I'm not defending this in any way, it looks very dodgy at first glance. if these pics were all sent on the same day I don't see any issue, it could be as innocent as "grab a seat quick so we can take a pic" as they are all looking at the camera, or maybe they are all related?

Edit: oops I see she said her child.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Must be, all whites are evil.
If your child was the minority in such a classroom/school situation and you saw a pic where it clearly looked like your kid and the others also in the minority were ostracised from the majority, you really wouldn't suspect some sort of discrimination at all?

rietrot

Honorary Master
If your child was the minority in such a classroom/school situation and you saw a pic where it clearly looked like your kid and the others also in the minority were ostracised from the majority, you really wouldn't suspect some sort of discrimination at all?
What if you saw 5 mixed pics and only decided to be outraged at the one where the kids had free choice about where they wanted to sit?

Craig

Honorary Master
The additional pictures were definitely taken after the fact as a cover-up.
This is a big possibility. But tbh honest whatever the school did after would have looked like a cover up. That picture should not have been taken.