Parents fume as black and white grade R children are 'separated' in North West classroom

ranger

Expert Member
Dude, do you ever talk to black people ?
One of my black friends told me that her grandmother (who naturally spent more time looking after her as a child than anyone else) told her, every day, multiple stories (whether they were truth or fiction we don't know) of bad things white people had done to black people, and that this was why all white people were evil. Until a few years of university, where she met and got to know more white people, she still believed the only viewpoint that had been repeatedly emlhasised to her during her years of school.

Many other black friends haven't told me of the same type of experiemce , so this is just one anecdatum.

You are correct, comments on social media are not the opinion of the majority of blacks.
He might have meant "the majority of blacks", or "some blacks", but he didn't, so we don't know how far he wanted to extrapolate his anecdata.

RonSwanson

I really suggest you guys step outside of the house once in a while and meet at least one black person every month. Maybe talk to him/her a bit? Come back after 2 years and let me know. Tagging @BeerIsNotGood... @BBSA who liked such posts.
I have done so in the past, they didn't bring their own meat, drank copious amounts of my own liquor, expected to be served hand and foot by the white baas, and didn't bother to bring any of their own.
I drive a humble Mahindra, yet they graced my driveway with ML series wabenzies, 4WD Vrpahs and 6 and 4-series BMWs. Go figure. Didn't invite them ever again.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Are you claiming the teacher asked the kids to choose where they wanted to seat, the kids decided on their own seating arrangement, and then the teacher placed the name tags on the desks afterwards? Have you really run out of excuses?
Pics or it never happened

krycor

Honorary Master
The mom should get a spanking.
This.. jumped to conclusions albeit photos showed it wasn’t the case. People are too hyper sensitive about race and I’m guessing it being an election year is partly the issue.

But don’t worry.. much like Pik Botha in the 80s, Zuma gonna make all South Africans unite in poverty or this country gonna year itself apart.

I think it’s needed though, morality in SA needs to be reset and 94 was just too easy of a transition that people did not fully commit.

But that’s what I think. My 2c. Sadly I’m not gonna stick it out, I gave it 10yrs.. same issues persist and now I need to plan for future in best way.. and that means going somewhere else.

Daruk

Honorary Master
That's why the Dept of Education is investigating. None of you posting lame excuses for this idiocy have any proof so you too can STFU.

The issue of the name tags was mentioned by one of the parents and I quote - "When I got to the class before school in the morning, all the children's names were already written on the desks they were supposed to sit at. The labels had been put on their tables and their aprons,"
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...-black-and-white-kids-but-moms-not-buying-it/
And you’re assuming a bunch of crap yourself. Where is it said that the name tags were where the kids were sitting in the first picture?
Apartheid is that way brother <—
If apartheid exists in a country where a party rules by majority vote, you can only put the blame at their feet. Nobody else’s.

thechamp

Honorary Master
This.. jumped to conclusions albeit photos showed it wasn’t the case..
Depends which story you choose to believe, there is one that says a single picture was sent to parents and others were sent later. There us another that says all the pictures were sent at the same time and the parent chose to focus on one picture and ignore all the others.

dj2381

Expert Member
And you’re assuming a bunch of crap yourself. Where is it said that the name tags were where the kids were sitting in the first picture?
Apartheid is that way brother <—
If apartheid exists in a country where a party rules by majority vote, you can only put the blame at their feet. Nobody else’s.
He so badly wants this to be a racist incident that he completely overlooks all the facts already in front of him, which funny enough makes him a racist.

dj2381

Expert Member
Depends which story you choose to believe, there is one that says a single picture was sent to parents and others were sent later. There us another that says all the pictures were sent at the same time and the parent chose to focus on one picture and ignore all the others.
I wish one of these parents would post a screenshot of the pic/pics that were sent, it would probably make things very clear, but even if the pics were sent a few minutes apart the parent decided not to post the rest of the photos, that was their choice and here we have this chaos.

vigras rojara

Expert Member
I have done so in the past, they didn't bring their own meat, drank copious amounts of my own liquor, expected to be served hand and foot by the white baas, and didn't bother to bring any of their own.
I drive a humble Mahindra, yet they graced my driveway with ML series wabenzies, 4WD Vrpahs and 6 and 4-series BMWs. Go figure. Didn't invite them ever again.
As if you'd ever invite a black person over.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Still you responded to something specifically aimed at him. Let him speak for himself.

I truly would like to know what he think was wrong with my post.
I don't see you complaining too much about Mephisto_Helix responding to a post specifically aimed at someone else, why are you discriminating against me?