Parents fume as black and white grade R children are 'separated' in North West classroom

access

Executive Member
This is the DA is quick to take action on issues when other parties attack them, no matter how crappy or not in a predictable way. They constantly mess up in a near predictable way. Just somebody retweeting something was enough to get ??? (can't remember her name) in hot water, inquiries etc, ditto other members ... all because it was supposed to be anti-black.

Now change it to anti-white. They react differently. How about Mmusi Maimane himself putting himself into the Arendse debate before he knew the facts? Now we have Mphithi doing a Mmusi:

View attachment 604258

View attachment 604260

Mphithi becomes extremely verbal ...

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/north-west/we-are-condemning-it-alleged-racism-probed-at-schweizerreneke-school-18757468

Then he goes to visit on the 10th.

We now know Ms Elana Barkhuizen was not the teacher - great investigation it seems. Perhaps better grandstanding.

Then **** storm really hits, he's in the middle ...

Roll forward to today:

The DA has not yet addressed the issue, actually said zip.

To be clear. I used to be a DA supporter. Used to. However they have shown themselves to be extremely inconsistent, even doing damage as here. They do have a few good people across all races - mentioning race because this is the background to this mess.

The really sad part is that not only is Elena Barkhuizen a scapegoat now, but grade Rs and children are now the sacrificial lambs.

even tho they are attracting racists with their populist rhetoric, i still have to consider the operation of things and past records to go by. take into consideration how things are currently operating compared to the other options and their records. its pretty annoying actually. they are treading a fine line with me too, ive said i wil probably give them a vote coming elections, but that idea waning faster than i thought. they need to get back to keeping their mouths shut and just do what is required.

dj2381

Expert Member
even tho they are attracting racists with their populist rhetoric, i still have to consider the operation of things and past records to go by. take into consideration how things are currently operating compared to the other options and their records. its pretty annoying actually. they are treading a fine line with me too, ive said i wil probably give them a vote coming elections, but that idea waning faster than i thought. they need to get back to keeping their mouths shut and just do what is required.
100% I would have given them a vote but with all the BS they have been up to this last year I am now on the fence.

HunterNW

Executive Member
He used to be quite reasonable once, something must have happened as he's become much more angry, intolerant and right wing in his views lately
That's what this government and a great number of SA's people does to one. Eventualy you get fed up.

Sollie

Expert Member
Him posting unedited pics of kids I and many others have serious issues with. I don't think we should repost their faces here.
Thx for that. Was reading and getting some quick examples, never even looked at the pic itself having seen it so many times.

ponder

Honorary Master
Where do you identify yourself then, on the political left-right spectrum?
Does it matter really, you've already decided I'm a right winger, hell people have assigned me badges from both sides of the spectrum, i've even been outed as the unisa fake news guy incase you missed that one :rolleyes:

C4Cat

Executive Member
Like that is a bad thing.
Well obviously I see it as bad, given my own political leanings, but it's the same as people going on about 'libtards' and 'leftists' as if being liberal or on the left is bad, as if that's the biggest insult ever - it all depends where you're coming from and your own point of view.

C4Cat

Executive Member
Does it matter really, you've already decided I'm a right winger, hell people have assigned me badges from both sides of the spectrum, i've even been outed as the unisa fake news guy incase you missed that one :rolleyes:
Well that's why I'm asking. I haven't 'decided' anything, that was just the impression I got but I'm perfectly fine with being corrected. It's also ok if you choose not to use that spectrum to define your thoughts and political leanings at all, or if you're not sure. I'm asking because I'm interested. Would you agree that your thinking (in this context) has changed quite a lot over recent times or am I mistaken about that too?

surface

Executive Member
Dude - that is why I mentioned Indians having more racially prejudiced than blacks I have met. I bet you never saw any racist attitudes in your community. Interestingly, you seem to be quite aware of racism in other communities.

You can't lump all afrikaans people on mybb together like that, it's like lumping all black people together with the eff/blf for example.

Having spent most of my life in kzn I also noticed the blatant racism of indians towards black people and from what I've been told the black okes are not very fond of the indian population. Seems people completely forgot about the 1949 durban riots.

ponder

Honorary Master
Well that's why I'm asking. I haven't 'decided' anything, that was just the impression I got but I'm perfectly fine with being corrected. It's also ok if you choose not to use that spectrum to define your thoughts and political leanings at all, or if you're not sure. I'm asking because I'm interested. Would you agree that your thinking (in this context) has changed quite a lot over recent times or am I mistaken about that too?
My thinking has not changed but my tolerance for the daily double standards & bias has become shorter yes.

Wrt to left or right I don't subscribe to that, if one looks at the us dem&rep setup I would pick neither but I would be willing to pick aspects of both. The word has become a swear word and it's meaning completely hijacked but liberalism suites me ok, not fond of social liberalism though.

VooDooC

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/tensions-high-in-schweizer-reneke-ahead-of-north-west-education-mecs-briefing-20190116

Tensions have heightened in Schweizer-Reneke in the North West after members of the community used a mini-bus taxi to block the entrance to the Schweizer-Reneke Laerskool.
The group said they had decided to block the gate because they had been denied access to the school where North West education MEC Sello Lehari is expected to hold a media briefing later on Wednesday.