Parents fume as black and white grade R children are 'separated' in North West classroom

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
So you didn't watch the video of young black kids being indoctrinated to hate whites but reported someone for saying so, even though the post in question clearly alludes to the video evidence and not opinion?

Somehow I think if you had watched the video you wouldn't be talking right now.
And shame on the mod for being exactly the same as the DA in this whole debacle ... acting on feels instead of seeing the post for what it was

HunterNW

Executive Member
Yeah, he is the kind of person with a big mouth and no balls. So now, because I differ in opinion from him I should get a PK. I think you are right, he might just be a 30%'er.
He pushed you infront of a bus ...... What a buddy.

surface

Executive Member
So you didn't watch the video of young black kids being indoctrinated to hate whites but reported someone for saying so, even though the post in question clearly alludes to the video evidence and not opinion?

Somehow I think if you had watched the video you wouldn't be talking right now.
But, I will watch videos only to see if I need to form an opinion or to pass time. Based on my reading on Andile and the likes, I already can imagine what racist drivel they are likely to spew. I have other videos to watch to pass time. Currently watching Lawrence Krauss - thank you very much.

I really don't get this desire of yours and others to make me watch what must be a racist video. If, for example, someone titles 'Dalai lama gets high on a whiskey' - I will be sure to watch it because that is something I have not read/seen before and I would like to see what it is to form my opinion. And even then, I will not form an opinion based on one video to say 'Tibbetans worship whiskey drinking Dalai lama' as there will be many Tibbetans I know personally won't be like that. For example I mean.

Craig

Honorary Master
He pushed you infront of a bus ...... What a buddy.
I'm sure he was kidding. :) And reading this thread I did engage quite a lot of people so he wouldn't be too wrong in saying that. I had a really crap week so might have over reacted a time or two (might have been slightly more than that actually). I actually made quite a few cuntish posts reading back, which I did this morning.

vigras rojara

Expert Member
I'm sure he was kidding. :) And reading this thread I did engage quite a lot of people so he wouldn't be too wrong in saying that. I had a really crap week so might have over reacted a time or two (might have been slightly more than that actually). I actually made quite a few cuntish posts reading back, which I did this morning.
You're probably one of the most balanced people on this forum actually.

Flanders

Honorary Master
But, I will watch videos only to see if I need to form an opinion or to pass time. Based on my reading on Andile and the likes, I already can imagine what racist drivel they are likely to spew. I have other videos to watch to pass time. Currently watching Lawrence Krauss - thank you very much.

I really don't get this desire of yours and others to make me watch what must be a racist video. If, for example, someone titles 'Dalai lama gets high on a whiskey' - I will be sure to watch it because that is something I have not read/seen before and I would like to see what it is to form my opinion.
So jumping to conclusions and being outraged over nothing? Hey, at least you've stuck to the spirit of the thread. :thumbsup:

surface

Executive Member
No no. Its not a difference of opinion. It is you generally being nasty to others. That triggers me. But enough bad karma. Karma will give you a PK, and so it will give me one for wanting you to get a PK.
What karma? There is no such thing. Don't get brainwashed by your SO. Tell her that your hindi speaking mybb buddy said so. :giggle:

Craig

Honorary Master
So if i admit that some of my postings is cuntish and bs, i'm also a balanced person ? :cool:
I honestly actually think you are a very balanced poster. I have differed with you on many things, but still we haven't even come close to insulting each other. And we couldn't be further apart in opinions on some things.

HunterNW

Executive Member
I honestly actually think you are a very balanced poster. I have differed with you on many things, but still we haven't even come close to insulting each other. And we couldn't be further apart in opinions on some things.
You might be the only one thinking that. But yes.... haven't had the "feel" to insult you. Some other posters...i'm sitting on my hands not to say something.

surface

Executive Member
So jumping to conclusions and being outraged over nothing? Hey, at least you've stuck to the spirit of the thread. :thumbsup:
Eish - is that what you got from my post? Ok man - let us move on then. At least you didn't call me retarded or racist - i am thankful for that.

Craig

Honorary Master
You might be the only one thinking that. But yes.... haven't had the "feel" to insult you. Some other posters...i'm sitting on my hands not to say something.
I am the same, except this week I spoke my mind to much without thinking. Did the same at work, luckily I was in the right, with solid proof that I was in the right, otherwise I might have bagged myself my first written warning in 19 years.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Here is the problem I have with posts and media, especially videos taken on smartphones.

I am dying to see what the fuss is about ( because in the end, we are all a bunch of ghoulish voyeurs somehow fascinated by the misery of others), but on the other hand, I know some stuff is going to go against everything I believe in, and, some stuf is going to appeal to my "bad" side. Hence, I consciously avoid lots and lots of "stuff".

Craig

Honorary Master
Here is the problem I have with posts and media, especially videos taken on smartphones.

I am dying to see what the fuss is about ( because in the end, we are all a bunch of ghoulish voyeurs somehow fascinated by the misery of others), but on the other hand, I know some stuff is going to go against everything I believe in, and, some stuf is going to appeal to my "bad" side. Hence, I consciously avoid lots and lots of "stuff".
That is the difficult part. I try it every now and then, but I'm naturally curious so it doesn't last for more than a day or two.

schumi

Honorary Master
'I detest racism' - Barkhuizen gives her version of what happened at Schweizer-Reneke school

Schweizer-Reneke primary school teacher Elana Barkhuizen maintains that her suspension is factually flawed on a number of grounds.
In court papers which News24 has seen, Barkhuizen says she should not have been suspended as she was not the teacher who allegedly separated black learners from their white classmates, and that she was never given an opportunity to correct the misinformation.
The teacher also contends that she was not informed of the intention to suspend her, and she was not provided with reasons for the suspension.
The papers were served on Laerskool Schweizer-Reneke, the school's governing body, North West Education MEC Sello Lehari and the North West Department of Education.
Barkhuizen was suspended last week after a photograph showing four black Grade R children sitting at a separate table from white children went viral on social media and sparked wide outrage.
Not my class
"I respectfully deem it imperative to point out from the onset in this affidavit that the photograph which led to the said public outrage, and to my suspension, was not a photograph of my Grade R classroom, but in fact, of a different class," Barkhuizen said in court papers.
"Consequently and to the extent that I was suspended for allegedly seating learners of different races separately in my classroom. Such suspension was premised on the wrong factual matrix."
Barkhuizen added that if she was heard out, as required by law, she would have been able to correct any misconceptions and also advance an explanation as to why she took the photographs and shared them on a WhatsApp group.
Events prior leading to the suspension
Barkhuizen also offered up a sequence of events that led to the placement of the learners, the photographs being taken, and her subsequent suspension.
The teacher explained that there were two Grade R classrooms and that the class where the children were allegedly separated along racial lines was under the care of Elsabe Olivier.
She said that both her and Olivier had invited the parents of the learners to visit the respective classrooms prior to the school year, which officially kicked off on January 9.
"I explained my approach to seating arrangements in my class, particularly with reference to individual learners' needs and requirements."
On the day the photographs were taken, Olivier had to attend to a parent and asked that Barkhuizen supervise both classrooms. It was during this time that she took two photographs of Olivier's class and two of her own.

More at:
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/i-detest-racism-barkhuizen-gives-her-version-of-what-happened-at-schweizer-reneke-school-20190117