Parents fume as black and white grade R children are 'separated' in North West classroom

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Is that a black DA beret that I see there? :unsure: And I would have thought solidariteit would be more aligned to FF+ (needless to say it will be based on language and humanitarian values) than DA?
Berets are increasingly popular among the politicised youth. I see it all over the university campus. The EFF made it fashionable.

schumi

Honorary Master
MEC no longer opposing suspended Schweizer-Reneke teacher's court bid

[
Schweizer-Reneke - The North West MEC for Education, Sello Lehari, and the department are no longer opposing Thursday's urgent application by suspended Laerskool Schweizer-Reneke teacher Elana Barkhuizen to return to her post.

Lehari told labour union Solidarity late Wednesday afternoon that he decided to withdraw his opposition to Barkhuizen's urgent application before the Johannesburg Labour Court to have her suspension set aside.

Lehari indicated that he will abide by the decision of the court.

Lawyer Werner Human said the application is still on the roll and the case will go-ahead as planned, as the court must rule on the legality of the suspension.

Lehari indicated to Solidarity that he will abide by the court's ruling.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/north-west/mec-no-longer-opposing-suspended-schweizer-reneke-teachers-court-bid-18934585

schumi

Honorary Master
Suspended Schweizer-Reneke teacher heads to the Labour Court

T he suspension of Laerskool Schweizer-Reneke teacher Elana Barkhuizen is expected to take centre stage in the Labour Court in Johannesburg on Thursday when it hears an urgent application she lodged.

The school dominated headlines two weeks ago when a photograph of Grade R pupils went viral on social media. It showed black pupils sitting separately from white pupils.

Barkhuizen was then suspended, pending an investigation.

However, with the assistance of trade union Solidarity, she filed court papers alleging that her suspension was factually flawed.

In the court papers, she argued that she should not have been suspended because she was not the teacher who separated the pupils, adding that she was never given an opportunity to correct the misinformation.

She also contended that she was not informed of the intention to have her suspended, and was not provided with reasons.
More at : https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/suspended-schweizer-reneke-teacher-heads-to-the-labour-court-20190124

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
It is unfortunate that she can't hold the politicians to account for their direct negligent actions in how they handled this entire saga.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Where's the report from Sello Lehari? I thought they were going to investigate it and have a press conference.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Where's the report from Sello Lehari? I thought they were going to investigate it and have a press conference.
Same as cupcake saga, Botswana bitch saga etc, it will just die a quiet death. They got their mileage out of it. Much ado about nothing.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Any information on the outraged mother who started this storm in a teacup?
and the other teacher?

Also agree with Vrotappel, where is Lehari's report following his investigation? How hard can it be to establish the facts?

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
and the other teacher?

Also agree with Vrotappel, where is Lehari's report following his investigation? How hard can it be to establish the facts?
The facts only matter when it suits a certain SA specific narrative it seems.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
and the other teacher?

When the facts don't support your narrative, best to just ignore and hope it all goes away quietly.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
The big question here is, why the f**k does the ANC place a black child, not able to speak Afrikaans or English, in an Afrikaans speaking school. Why should an Afrikaans teacher be forced to bring an unqualified person just to translate so that those children can receive a chance of a better education in their own language?

It seems to me that the ANC does not have an issue with white people. I might have been wrong. The ANC leadership hates their own people. In fact, they hate them so much that they would even consider placing those children in these schools, knowing full well these children will only dumb down. Probably that the reason why the ANC knows they will keep getting support and increase their voter base.

These things with Afrikaans and English schools are nothing else but an attempt by the ANC to keep their voter base uneducated and loyal to the party.

ponder

Honorary Master