Parents fury over cannabis leaflets distributed in schools

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Furious parents are calling for the removal of cannabis booklets from schools which they claim are advertising the drug.

The 'Know Cannabis' booklets, which are handed out to teenagers preparing for GCSEs, include advice on how best to take the drug, whether to use bongs or buckets, and how to roll joints.

They include costings for 'vaporisers' which are 'less risky' and warn not to roll a cannabis cigarette with too many cigarette papers as 'three skinners will do'.

The booklets begin by telling youngsters to 'Know the effects, how it is used, the risks, and how to avoid them', and informs youngsters that 'Cannabis can make you feel relaxed' and 'Music may sound better'.
Full story

Gothan

Expert Member
Hehehehehehe reminds me so much of the rodney sealle (spelling???) pamphlets of the early 80's. Remember, the devil is in the music.

Man, there was I time I owned all of the albums on his top 10 of evil albums. You know what, really, a pamphlet is not going to push your child into drugs, they are probably already using the pamphlet to roll a couple of spliffs

Flanders

Honorary Master
Haha! "three skinners will do" - Where did these amateurs learn to roll? 3 skinners will do if you're looking to make a mammoth triple-blader, not the Rizla equivalent of a cigarette joint. :D Funny they also mention buckets. Now there's one way to damage yourself in no time. I hope that was on the 'don't' list. :D

I don't own any sprogs so I can't honestly comment but I reckon it's not such a bad thing. Rather get it in the open than pretend it doesn't exist. The kids know it does.

Slaine73

Expert Member
Hehehehehehe reminds me so much of the rodney sealle (spelling???) pamphlets of the early 80's. Remember, the devil is in the music.

Man, there was I time I owned all of the albums on his top 10 of evil albums. You know what, really, a pamphlet is not going to push your child into drugs, they are probably already using the pamphlet to roll a couple of spliffs
Yep. As soon as Rodney Seale said not to listen to this you just had to get it for your collection.:D:D

stoke

Honorary Master
I thought the point of education was to inform.

Being informed of the dangers makes you sooo much more capable of saying no, and ... if you do decide to experiment, being informed on how to experiment at minimal risk is awesome!

Wait till next week's "All you need to know about crack cocaine" booklet.

mac_mac74

Expert Member
next it will be pamphlets advertising jobs as drug dealers, who knows in this country anything is possible, after all we have a fraudster + HIV positive president to be with a standard 3 education, what better inspiration could an African country ask for

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
next it will be pamphlets advertising jobs as drug dealers, who knows in this country anything is possible, after all we have a fraudster + HIV positive president to be with a standard 3 education, what better inspiration could an African country ask for
The article is to do with the UK, not South Africa. A cursory glance at the second sentence of the quoted article would give this conclusion - teenagers preparing for GCSEs - as well as the link at the bottom of the article.

I personally think this is a very stupid idea. I don't see how advertising the so-called benefits of this drug will help prevent cannabis use. It would be interesting to know if cannabis is regarded as a "gateway" drug to Class A drugs such as heroine and cocaine.