Parkhurst Vumatel 1Gbps fibre network live

ajules

Expert Member
Can't believe that took so quick!Such a refreshing change to Telkom.

Albereth

Honorary Master
Gone live?

News that. Project is way behind and is rather disruptive when they dig up power lines and water pipes. They are quick to apologise but some neighbours haven't enjoyed people digging up pavements at 5 in the morning.

Still too early to shout the merits.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Gone live?

News that. Project is way behind and is rather disruptive when they dig up power lines and water pipes. They are quick to apologise but some neighbours haven't enjoyed people digging up pavements at 5 in the morning.

A week or so ago they were working till 10 at night and they were using that soil compressor thing that sounds like a jackahmmer! Shees. But no pain no gain I guess.

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
Gone live?

A week or so ago they were working till 10 at night and they were using that soil compressor thing that sounds like a jackahmmer! Shees. But no pain no gain I guess.
That's actually impressive.

Last edited:

loftyninja

They're working from 5am till 10pm and people are STILL complaining? Talk about having your cake and eating it people!

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
They're working from 5am till 10pm and people are STILL complaining? Talk about having your cake and eating it people!
Not complaining per se. I certainly did not phone Vuma the next day and crapped on them. But I am not going to deny how irritating it was either. What must be done must be done.

loftyninja

Not complaining per se. I certainly did not phone Vuma the next day and crapped on them. But I am not going to deny how irritating it was either. What must be done must be done.
Fair enough. To be honest I would be irritated at noise at those hours, much the same as I am almost as irritated by roadworks as I am by poor quality roads :)

Stay the course - incoming first world lifestyle!

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
+100

My opinion of Vumatel has gone up a few notches. Outstanding.

Now they just need to come to my town. :crying:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Jissus they can drill and cause chaos for a month at my place and I will still be happy to enjoy 'real internet' for years to come.

furpile

Expert Member
Once connected, users are able to choose between line speeds of 4Mbps, 50Mbps, 100Mbps, and 1Gbps, and can use any ISP which supports the Vumatel network.
I wonder what a 1 Gbps line will cost? They don't have it in their pricing on the website, but they mention it in their FAQ. Must be insane to have such a fast connection, but after the first month I am sure it will be wasted. The 50 and 100 Mbps should be more than enough.

CuppaJoe

I wonder what a 1 Gbps line will cost? They don't have it in their pricing on the website, but they mention it in their FAQ. Must be insane to have such a fast connection, but after the first month I am sure it will be wasted. The 50 and 100 Mbps should be more than enough.
While that is true for single-user requirements, establishments like apartment and office blocks can use a connection like this to capacity.

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
The line itself is only R1200 a month, but finding someone to sell you data at those speeds is a problem.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Awesome.
What was the cost again?

EDIT: nevermind its on their website.
R399 for 4mb uncapped
R999 for 50mb 200g data
R1299 for 50mb uncapped

Pretty good.
Thats not bad, but now add your ISP cost on top of that.