Parliament approves motion on expropriation without compensation

diesel

Expert Member
This should be pursued without destabilising the agricultural sector, without endangering food security in our country and without undermining economic growth and job creation,"

How do you take land from someone without compensating them for it, and still not destabilise the above?
They will take from the white man and give it to the black man, as long as they say its in the national interest they will take any land / property they have their eyes on.

KSM93

But, things have changed since, hasn't it?

Back in the 1700's slavery was fine, but laws across the globe outlawed it in the 1800's, or are you saying slavery should still happen today, as it happened before?

When land was taken in the 1800's and 1900's it was fine, but new measures came into place globally which require countries to ensure ownership rights. Actually, today, most of the world implement sanctions on countries not abiding by these rules.

Why risk the collapse of the country by ignoring this and doing the same?
Typical response from white people, absolutely hypocritical. You need land reform for a functioning state, this is the reason I no longer care about farm murders. You either enact land reform and weaken ANC base or get destroyed along with this country due to social instability.

KSM93

So we should follow the example of something that was wrong? What kind of logic is that??

By that logic, we should bring back slavery.
Blacks are the majority here and no country has ever prospered when the majority doesn't have a stake in the state. Adapt or die, but going by farm murders I guess you're choosing the die option.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Rhodes didn't compensate the Africans when taking the land so why should Africans. Land reform is not some unique thing, Scotland is undergoing one right now and yet there is no whining.
The Bantu people didn't compensate The San when taking the land 150 years before Europeans arrived.

rvZA

Executive Member
The San were hunter-gatherers who lived nomadic lives. They were driven out of their hunting grounds.

And that, according to you, means that they did not own any of the land in SA where they lived, travelled on or moved about?

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Blacks are the majority here and no country has ever prospered when the majority doesn't have a stake in the state. Adapt or die, but going by farm murders I guess you're choosing the die option.
Zimbabwe seems to be doing pretty well now, don't you think?

Speaking of hypocritical statements made by others, I think yours counts as just that.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
The San were hunter-gatherers who lived nomadic lives. They were driven out of their hunting grounds.
They had a very particular location in which they lived. Sure, nomadic, but within certain boundaries in this country.
It's very simple history really.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Typical response from white people, absolutely hypocritical. You need land reform for a functioning state, this is the reason I no longer care about farm murders. You either enact land reform and weaken ANC base or get destroyed along with this country due to social instability.
You should care about farm murders. Where do you think a lot of the food in this country comes from?

Typical response from a nob really. All bravado and "rah-rah" chest beating crap without thinking about the long-term social consequences if they all leave. Or die.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
And that, according to you, means that they did not own any of the land in SA where they lived, travelled on or moved about?
I was just sharing piece of information. That's all there is to it.

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Zimbabwe says hello.

rvZA

Executive Member
I was just sharing piece of information. That's all there is to it.

Yes, no issue with that at all. Just as long as one knows, all land where they travelled on or through, had their nomadic existence were all their land.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Eish, so that means we need to find their descendants and pay them... *sigh*
The "great flood" was apparently in 4004BC. So we all all not that many generations removed from Noah. And with all the inbreeding and incest that had to have gone on we are all very closely related to Noah, and each other!!!