Parliament approves motion on expropriation without compensation

Paul_S

Expert Member
Do you understand the impact of sanctions. 500k Iraqis dies due to sanctions that were applied to Zimbabwe.

Agg please go educate yourself.
The sanctions in Zimbabwe were against specific politicians and companies who were proven to be violating human rights. There have never been any economic sanctions in Zimbabwe.

ZANU PF squeal about sanctions because it targets specific politicians and it's an easy escape goat used for smoke and mirror effects.

For example:
United States financial and travel restrictions currently apply to 85 individuals, including President Emmerson Mnangagwa.

There are also 56 companies or organisations facing restrictions.

"We have sanctions against certain individuals and certain corporations… not against the country of Zimbabwe. There is nothing to stop US businesses from investing in Zimbabwe, from going to Zimbabwe," says US Assistant Secretary of State on African Affairs Tibor Nagy.

The economic woes of Zimbabwe have absolutely ZERO to do with sanctions targeting specific politicians and a handful of dodgy companies.

Last edited:

Bewlen

Expert Member
Do you understand the impact of sanctions. 500k Iraqis dies due to sanctions that were applied to Zimbabwe.
You clearly enjoy wading into conversations with supposed "facts" that are "common knowledge" but are actually fringe conspiracy theories, and what couyld best be described as "opinions", and then slating anyone who dares question anything about these theories and opinions. You are clearly a product of our modern "education system".

You cannot be taken seriously. Sorry.

Sollie

Honorary Master
You clearly enjoy wading into conversations with supposed "facts" that are "common knowledge" but are actually fringe conspiracy theories, and what couyld best be described as "opinions", and then slating anyone who dares question anything about these theories and opinions. You are clearly a product of our modern "education system".

You cannot be taken seriously. Sorry.

But it is rather funny if somebody wades into a discussion calling everybody an idiot - then proceeds to make an idiot out of himself, even trying to justify a civil war.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

KSM93

Well you cannot have a civil war against yourself. The people rioting in the streets each day support the ANC who they are also fighting against. It makes no sense. And last time I checked the ANC was Black.
I guess you don't understand the definition of civil war then.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I guess you don't understand the definition of civil war then.
Well I'm not going to Google the official definition but let me give it a go.

It is the people of a country fighting to overthrow their own government

The daily violent riots are all done by ANC voters. There is no opposition/rebel group.
If these people were to win they would not overthrow or change anything, they would probably just loot the nearest spasa shop and go home.

KSM93

Well I'm not going to Google the official definition but let me give it a go.

It is the people of a country fighting to overthrow their own government

The daily violent riots are all done by ANC voters. There is no opposition/rebel group.
If these people were to win they would not overthrow or change anything, they would probably just loot the nearest spasa shop and go home.
That's were you're clueless. ANC is the government and there are different competing factions within it.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That's were you're clueless. ANC is the government and there are different competing factions within it.
Are you just going to continue ignoring questions you don't want to answer buttercup?

R13...

Honorary Master
Well you cannot have a civil war against yourself. The people rioting in the streets each day support the ANC who they are also fighting against. It makes no sense. And last time I checked the ANC was Black.
How's the ANC black? You must be one of those ANC and EFF supporters who believe the DA white and liable to return apartheid if elected.

konfab

Honorary Master
How's the ANC black? You must be one of those ANC and EFF supporters who believe the DA white and liable to return apartheid if elected.
Who do you think the Ramamessiah was referring to when he told everyone that EWC was for "our people".

Paul_S

Expert Member
I wonder how many people think appropriation (a government budgetary term for authorising expenditure) is the same as expropriation and they actually think Eskom is pausing to allow parliament to pass EWC?? Lol.

That thought passed my mind at first until I read a bit more carefully. What cheeses me off is that Eskom can pause load shedding whenever they feel like it at the drop of a hat. Zulu king funerals, government meetings, etc.
Kind of makes load shedding look fabricated.