Parliament approves motion on expropriation without compensation

Vorastra

Executive Member
Zimbabwe land reform is irreversible.
Until they asked whitey to come back that one time and then the farm magically produced again.

It's almost like you should leave people, who know what they're doing, alone.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I don't think there is any turning back now. The ANC and EFF is on course, and their public hearings are in 'unanimous' agreement, so they sure have the public interest on their side.

I have listened to as many public participants as I could, some are reasonable, but most want land. I listened to the hearing held last week in Kwa Langa, and this lady made a reasonable suggestion,

Just to put it there, I haven't heard a single person whom don't want expropriation.

Obviously, since I know that my own submission hasn't been taken under consideration, I doubt that these hearings will be held in my suburb.

Last edited:

FaSMaN

Expert Member
I don't think there is any turning back now. The ANC and EFF is on course, and their public hearings are in 'unanimous' agreement, so they sure have the public interest on their side.

I have listened to as many public participants as I could, some are reasonable, but most want land. I listened to the hearing held last week in Kwa Langa, and this lady made a reasonable suggestion,

Just to put it there, I haven't heard a single person whom don't want expropriation.

Obviously, since I know that my own submission hasn't been taken under consideration, I doubt that these hearings will be held in my suburb.

Interesting that the majority of the people are reading off of the exact same document with a ANC Letter head, its verbatim word for word the same and translated into different languages, how is this allowed if the point of hearing is to hear individual opinions or objections to the bill?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Interesting that the majority of the people are reading off of the exact same document with a ANC Letter head, its verbatim word for word the same and translated into different languages, how is this allowed if the point of hearing is to hear individual opinions or objections to the bill?

There is a white man, a Rondebosch representative, speaking at 1:50:30 and though he gives his views he doesn't add to the Expropriation bill. You need to comment on the bill and not give an emotional response, it is only the bill which is to be scrutinised. Next, they have a lady at 1:53:15 who digs into white people.

Apparently expropriation won't deprive white people...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

I think in some ways this is also a huge problem... The vast majority of these hearings are being held in places where "land" is a huge issue so the public input will be very skewed.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
There is a white man, a Rondebosch representative, speaking at 1:50:30 and though he gives his views he doesn't add to the Expropriation bill. You need to comment on the bill and not give an emotional response, it is only the bill which is to be scrutinised. Next, they have a lady at 1:53:15 who digs into white people.

Apparently expropriation won't deprive white people...

I am currently watching the Tswane hearing seems its a bit better

jambai

Expert Member
So expropriation turns out like it did in zim . Do they know that you can’t run across the border to get jobs and food .

Sollie

Honorary Master
at least they know how our ancestors felt, pure karma
Piet Retief disagrees.

Does that give me the right to arrest you, on behalf of him, for no other reason than your skin colour?

Swa

Honorary Master
Zimbabwe land reform is irreversible.
So is their financial ruin.

And yet they don't want to work through 100,000 submissions because they view them as all the same.

I think in some ways this is also a huge problem... The vast majority of these hearings are being held in places where "land" is a huge issue so the public input will be very skewed.
Most were selected for platteland areas where land is an issue. People in the cities want job security. Those that want property want it near the city and there simply isn't enough to satisfy everyone.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
at least they know how our ancestors felt, pure karma
Actually you have no idea how it is to live and grow up in the rest of Africa.

Apartheid gave you a country with first world infrastructure and more.

It is however being destroyed day by day. Soon you will get the full Zim experience.