Parliament gives Eskom 90 days to finish racism probe of De Ruyter

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Didnt he take a salary cut when he signed??
Don't believe everything you read in the media, plus we generally take the opposite of what the ANC says to be the true version, so ig they say he earns less it means he earns more, right?

Ginad28

Point being, I think he earned more in the Corporate world i.e Nampak.
Probably did, but thought he was going to help solve the hole that Eskom dug themselves and their looters in. The end result is he being called a racist

Jaws677

Expert Member
Not even close, 35 year old company that has supplied local and overseas mines, water works, municipalities, power producers, power distributors with local and imported medium voltage electrical engineering equipment like liquid starters, mobile substations, switchgear, circuit breakers, vacuum contactors, auto reclosers and power factor correction.
Liquid starters ?

TheChamp

Honorary Master

New Eskom boss took pay cut to take the job: Gordhan​

in News / South Africa by Nonkululeko Njilo

I asked earlier why people are so willing to accept that on a forum where we have been taught the lies start rolling out the minute an ANC politician opens his mouth. Why did Gordhan feel the need to explain?

Read the article slowly and see if everything is as straightforward as it sound sound regarding the pay cut.

Neuk_

Executive Member
Liquid starters ?

Better known as Liquid Resistance Starters, they are used to control the start up of large electrical motors used for pumps, mills, conveyors, etc. by using an electrolytic bath with electrodes to vary resistance and thus current.

MightyQuin

Not amused...

I asked earlier why people are so willing to accept that on a forum where we have been taught the lies start rolling out the minute an ANC politician opens his mouth. Why did Gordhan feel the need to explain?

Read the article slowly and see if everything is as straightforward as it sound sound regarding the pay cut.
Yes it is.

Iwojima

Expert Member

Because:
BusinessLIVE reported that De Ruyter was a surprise appointment as it had not been widely known that he had applied for the job. There was a strong lobby within the ANC and broader black lobby groups that the CEO should be a black South African.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master

Oh this is about semantic gymnastics?

My bad...as you were.
It's called reading and comprehension. Some people are good at it and some people struggle with it, that's what makes us the rainbow nation.

Last edited:

MightyQuin

Not amused...
It's called reading and comprehension. Some people are good at it and some people struggle with it, that's what makes is the rainbow nation.
Splitting hairs with semantic gymnastics.

He was offered less money by ESKOM than what the position at ESKOM usually gets paid. That is a paycut...

But you people want to argue the fact that it is NOT a paycut, because his salary at ESKOM MAY not be less than what he earned at Nampak.

So who cannot read? Show me where I read the article wrong please.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Splitting hairs with semantic gymnastics.

He was offered less money by ESKOM than what the position at ESKOM usually gets paid. That is a paycut...

But you people want to argue the fact that it is NOT a paycut, because his salary at ESKOM MAY not be less than what he earned at Nampak.

So who cannot read? Show me where I read the article wrong please.
It's called facts, earning less than he did at Nampak and earning less that what the Eskom salary is supposed to be is not the same thing.

We correct each other when we have facts wrong on this forum, there is someone here who said he earns less than what he did at Nampak, that is what this was all about, if it's not an argument you felt was worth your time and energy there's no problem, you shouldn't have bothered yourself getting into it to begin with.