Parliamentary enquiry into Rugby losses.

Ronjay

Expert Member
Um, why wasn't this done for the soccer guys when they were losing to everyone?

When did the soccer/cricket okes get raked over the coals about there inability to win competitions? This is a little unfair IMHO. The Boks have won many competitions, not just WC.

Anyway, even if parlaiment has interfered with the other codes, it doesn't sit well with me to have these sports politicised and quite frankly violated by government interference.

Um, why wasn't this done for the soccer guys when they were losing to everyone?

When did the soccer/cricket okes get raked over the coals about there inability to win competitions? This is a little unfair IMHO. The Boks have won many competitions, not just WC.

Anyway, even if parlaiment has interfered with the other codes, it doesn't sit well with me to have these sports politicised and quite frankly violated by government interference.
I also do not think Politics should be involved in sport BUT we do live in SA so it is a reality :(

I would however love to see some policing done into the spending of funds by the Soccer / Rugby / Cricket unions....

Absolutely pathetic.

If there was consistency then no problem.

/waits for enquiries into: netball, hockey, swimming, athletics, basketball, baseball, jukskei, table tennis, tennis, judo, karate, taekwando, boxing, football, cricket, action cricket,figure sating, skateboarding, dancesport, gymnastics, wrestling, show jumping, dressage, skiing, golf, cycling, powerboating, F1, Superbikes, chess, snooker, billiards, clay pigeon shooting, canoeing, motocross, skydiving, archery, rowing, badminton, fencing, shooting, volleyball, triathlon, weightlifting, etc. etc.

Pleads with Parliament to sort out more pressing issues like poverty, housing, unemployment, world peace and the Arms Deal.

hungrybeaver

Expert Member
The problem is obvious: incompetent people in management/coaching positions.

Why don't they go ask why Bafana are so far down in the world rankings? Why don't they investigate why the Proteas choke? Anything to stay away from the real issues this country faces I suppose :rolleyes:

Ronjay

Expert Member
I think Micky and Beaver hit the actual issue for me. So many problems in SA of more importance to Gov that should be addressed first. Yes, sport is important to us, but for flip sakes, get the priorities in order. Also, it seems to me a very easy way for a politician to grab a few brownie points through this. Sly.

I think Micky and Beaver hit the actual issue for me. So many problems in SA of more importance to Gov that should be addressed first. Yes, sport is important to us, but for flip sakes, get the priorities in order. Also, it seems to me a very easy way for a politician to grab a few brownie points through this. Sly.
If they mention firing P Divvy then they win over half the Bulls' supporters for the next election!!! :D