Part of FNB password visible in URL

evanAbsolute

Good Morning all.

With my limited knowledge, I thought it best to post my question here as it might relate to some type of authentication security control within FNB's login page.

I tried to login into my FNB account this morning, only to be directed to a page with no content and then being stuck there, and then I notice that the last 7 characters of my 13 character FNB password is visible in clear text in the URL.

I don't know anything about how the browser is suppose to handle the login request to a banking site, or if it's FNB's responsibility to make sure my whole password is not visible, but I can't imagine that showing any part of a user's password in clear text is acceptable?

Any advice or help would appreciated, on weather I should just ignore it or take it up with FNB?

Thank you.

mokhalid

This sounds like a real cause for concern.

You should take it up with FNB so they are aware as well. Could be a scam FNB website?

namzsteve

Expert Member
Sure you're using the official fnb website? Plus did you get a notification on the app that you've logged in? Take it up with FNB

Nemus

Nothing on my side. Was this straight after login or was it a specific page on the site?

irBosOtter

Expert Member
sounds like you hit enter halfway through typing your password and the rest was typed in the url field after you hit enter

ActivateD

Expert Member
I would change your password. Check if your browser or pc has not been compromised.