Passengers will be able to tap their bank card to pay for trips on the Gautrain

eg2505

Honorary Master
cool stuff, does it also work for the Bus?
if so then Gautrain cards are worthless now.

travcaine

This is great news, no more reloading cards and making sure you always have the gold card with you. This will be super easy. wonder if this will also then work with Samsung Pay and in the ideal world Apple Pay one day.

krycor

Honorary Master
This is great news, no more reloading cards and making sure you always have the gold card with you. This will be super easy. wonder if this will also then work with Samsung Pay and in the ideal world Apple Pay one day.
I'd have thought they'd do this 1st.. less PCI requirements and workable frameworks in place already..

cool stuff, does it also work for the Bus?
if so then Gautrain cards are worthless now.
While there are ways to make this work, carrying discounts.. hell technically you can carry purchases too but question is.. how secure are they storing info i.e. card details if they do?I dunno.. guess we will need to wait and see.

Louis72

This is what the toll gates need. Would make things so much quicker. Unless you still have the regulars that get to the front and only then start digging for coins or cards. Climbs out to get the handbag in the boot while everyone is waiting behind.

GillMH

How would this effect monthly card holders?
Another option is to have a virtual card on your phone??