Passport - contact at home affairs?

4Elton

hi guys

have been searching the interwebs regarding info on getting a passport urgently and it led me to this site.

is there anyone that can assist? my application is still at quality check for the last 2 weeks and i need the passport urgently.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Sugarman

Making Sugar
hi guys

have been searching the interwebs regarding info on getting a passport urgently and it led me to this site.

is there anyone that can assist? my application is still at quality check for the last 2 weeks and i need the passport urgently.

any help will be greatly appreciated
That is very unusual, takes 2 weeks from application to pickup.
Are you a born RSA citizen?
Where did you do your application?

Jola

Honorary Master
That is very unusual, takes 2 weeks from application to pickup.
Mine took 6 weeks a few months ago. Online application.

Before that it took 4 weeks to get an appointment, and had to drive to Pretoria for that.

So not simple, but still better than standing in queues for hours/days.

Oh, and they wanted to charge me double because the passport had 6 months and 5 days left (when I applied).

Sugarman

Making Sugar
yes RSA born Citizen.
at the Umgeni road durban branch
Very unusual.
I did a online application and went in for the biometrics, etc at the Tongaat branch and exactly 2 weeks later my passport was ready for pickup.
They will send you a sms and or email when it is ready.
The best you can do is just wair.

4Elton

unfortunately i need to apply for a UK visa which also takes 15 working days so i need the passport urgently, being waiting 4 weeks now.

4Elton

have contacted the contact center and they say its been escalated - yesterday was advised it was out of quality awaiting dispatch.

today - still at quailty.

mh348

Expert Member
I applied on the 10th (evening) and got an SMS now to say it's ready for collection. Home Affairs branches are open this weekend till 5 pm due to voter registration, so I'll collect it then and skip the queues.

4Elton

I applied on the 10th (evening) and got an SMS now to say it's ready for collection. Home Affairs branches are open this weekend till 5 pm due to voter registration, so I'll collect it then and skip the queues.
at which branch was this?

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
when did you apply? and at which office?
It doesnt matter as its a centralised process. The only difference between branches is the waiting time/queues. Passports applications take between 10-14 working days. You should get an sms notification when they are ready for collection.

4Elton

It doesnt matter as its a centralised process. The only difference between branches is the waiting time/queues. Passports applications take between 10-14 working days. You should get an sms notification when they are ready for collection.
thanks, my concern is that its been longer than 14 working days and i need the passport urgently.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
thanks, my concern is that its been longer than 14 working days and i need the passport urgently.
I take it you have the receipt they gave you at the branch when you did your applcation? If so then yours cant be very far from being ready. Not much you can do about it but wait, Im afraid.