Password Managers?

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
Whats everyone using and why?
Keepass because open source... store your password vault locally or in the cloud (password protected)... use keepass2android and keyboardswap for keepass2android for Android as well as keepasshelper for chrome on PC.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Dashlane - it runs on multi platforms such as Windows, IOS, Android. I have it running on all my devices and it syncs your passwords to each device when changes are made.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Bitwarden,

I miss LastPass, it's a much better product, if they ever go free again, or drop their prices I'll go back in a flash

Edit: I see it's 3$, don't know why I thought it was 10$
Time to go back!
Filled with trackers and clunky yes. Not sure how it's better.
Dashlane - it runs on multi platforms such as Windows, IOS, Android. I have it running on all my devices and it syncs your passwords to each device when changes are made.
Bitwarden is 1/4th the price.

oldhat

Expert Member
KWalletManager

It is part of my current favourite OS(KDE Neon).

craigcul

I recently went thru the process of evaluating and comparing and and. Just got myself a annual family license on 1pass for 50% off to boot.

-multiple platforms, except Linux if I recall
-no trackers
-syncs online behind encryption
-easy interface
-can act as 2fa for all ur sites that require, and saves that also
-ability to save encrypted notes and cards also
-easy to use generator and update features

Try the 14d trial

How do you get the discount? Or is is a secret.

Leno

Expert Member
Bitwarden premier with TFA to login to new device (hoping to soon have 2 physical U2F keys (1 for backup))

Not sure if lastpass has it now but I like the built in TFA generator functionality of Bitwarden premier

AdrianH

Expert Member
Bitwarden premier with TFA to login to new device (hoping to soon have 2 physical U2F keys (1 for backup))

Not sure if lastpass has it now but I like the built in TFA generator functionality of Bitwarden premier

I feel that having 2FA in the same app as my passwords is a security risk. Maybe I'm just being extreme, but I decided to just keep my 2FAs in separate app while using Bitwarden for passwords and secure notes

Leno

Expert Member
I feel that having 2FA in the same app as my passwords is a security risk. Maybe I'm just being extreme, but I decided to just keep my 2FAs in separate app while using Bitwarden for passwords and secure notes
Yeah its not the best, why I want to add the hardware U2F dongles

I got burnt before from google authenticator when my phone broke and it wasnt in the iCloud backup, and Authy is insecure from the sms/sim swap angle.

I have to use TFA on ssh etc and probably enter it 15 times an hour, so trying to balance security with ease of use