Pastel Updates

Peon

Expert Member
Hi,

Where can one download Partner and Xpress updates. Pastel's website has to be one of the most hard to use sites ive come across.

Surely there must be a vendor that has a FTP where one can download the updates? Im specifically looking for Xpress updates.

Peon

Peon

Expert Member
Xpress 10.2.4 but I need to do a reinstallation and thus update. Support Cover for this client has lapsed. Theoretically one should be able to download them from the clientzone although I havent tried.

signates

Expert Member
Phone them & find out. Both Pastel and VIP helplines tend to be reasonably on the ball.

Pastel helpline has been up to **** since the launch of V14. Waiting time is currently at 30 minutes.

I am a pastel reseller so could upload the files for you to my OneDrive account. They are about 150mb.

Peon

Expert Member
Pastel helpline has been up to **** since the launch of V14. Waiting time is currently at 30 minutes.

I am a pastel reseller so could upload the files for you to my OneDrive account. They are about 150mb.
Have you also had with V14 Partner after logging in some menu's dont appear?

If you could assist me with the updates I would be most grateful. Let me first see what is the version after the reinstall.

Greglsh

Hi Peon

You can login to the client zone, you will need the clients Base serial number and their customer number. A new thing Pastel have added is a password. When you login for the first time they email it to the person on their records and then you should be able to download the updates or full install.

signates

Expert Member
Hi Peon

You can login to the client zone, you will need the clients Base serial number and their customer number. A new thing Pastel have added is a password. When you login for the first time they email it to the person on their records and then you should be able to download the updates or full install.

They are removing access to the client zone to customers that do not have a cover contract. I know this happened to a client on pastel payroll. All my clients are on cover contracts so haven't ran into this yet on pastel accounting.

Just checked the reseller zone now and they only have the build updates for pastel express v9 build 10.1.1 to build 10.2.4. The full installation is not available on the reseller zone.

They changed the password for the ftp site so can't get on there.

signates

Expert Member
Have you also had with V14 Partner after logging in some menu's dont appear?

If you could assist me with the updates I would be most grateful. Let me first see what is the version after the reinstall.

I can get the build updates for you but not the main program. I don't have the 2009 cd either.

No issues on my side with v14. Any menus in particular.

Peon

Expert Member
I can get the build updates for you but not the main program. I don't have the 2009 cd either.

No issues on my side with v14. Any menus in particular.
Yea I will most likely just need the updates. Its File not Edit and the others that go greyed out. Simply logging out and back in a few times resolves the issue.

On a side note. I dont know why Pastel has to be so stiff necked about doing business with them. They basically have the market cornered in SA for SMB's.

signates

Expert Member
Yea I will most likely just need the updates. Its File not Edit and the others that go greyed out. Simply logging out and back in a few times resolves the issue.
When there is no company selected, then "Edit", "Process", "View", "Change" and "Setup" are all greyed out. Certain menus within file are also greyed out as you need to have a company open to access these menus. That is the only time they are greyed out on my side.

On a side note. I dont know why Pastel has to be so stiff necked about doing business with them. They basically have the market cornered in SA for SMB's.
There are four updates if you have the first build of Pastel Xpress 2009 build 10.1.0

You will need to run in this order:

1. Xpress2009b1010to1012
2. Xpress2009b1012to1013
3. Xpress2009b1013to1023
4. Xpress2009b1023to1024

They have discontinued any support for older versions even to resellers. Not sure if its from 2007 or 2009 packages. I'm not sure if the 2009 version is SARS compliant for electronic invoicing and VAT requirements.

Let me know if you need to upgrade to a newer version and I'll arrange a discount.

A lot of my clients decided to go through a reseller as the service levels in the Pastel call centre is no longer what it used to be. They have not expanded in order to keep up with their cliet base. Resellers do not go through the normal call centre when logging support issues.

mwheller

Pastel Upgrade version 10.1.1 to 10.2.4

PM sent with link to updates.
I have the same problem. Had to install pastel Express 2009 onto a new Laptop and re-registered it but it wont open the companies as it states it is an older version and pastel wont help me because our support contract has expired. Is there any way you can send me the links as well please.

signates

Expert Member
I have the same problem. Had to install pastel Express 2009 onto a new Laptop and re-registered it but it wont open the companies as it states it is an older version and pastel wont help me because our support contract has expired. Is there any way you can send me the links as well please.

PM sent.

Lamer_joe

Hi there.

Seem to be having the same problem with a client that has a copy of xpress 2009 please could you assist me as pastel cant seem to.

Thanks

fussy1

Hi,

I hope I can still get something here! A client needs to load updates of Pastel 2009 on new laptop, I have the disc but need updates from 10.1.0 to 10.1.2 please!

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys. Does anyone perhaps have the installation file for xpress 2009. My client has recently upgraded their pc and cannot find the installation disc. Pastel wants them to buy the latest version and says that 2009 is not compatible with anything other than xp. I have done some reading and it seems it does run on windows 10 with a newer pervasive engine installed.