Pathetic Service from Afrihost

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Moved to a new area month end, migrated my line from Vuma Reach to Frogfoot on Clientzone, line verified, account verified, plugged in my router and line was activated. Debit order went off without a issues.

Come Friday 12th Feb, line gets disconnected. Logged a support request with Afrihost. I am told told there is an installation request at my address, so I explained slowly that the fibre installation is already complete, ONT and line is already done by Frogfoot. I had connectivity, month is paid for.

Seems the problem is on Frogfoot side and I need to send Proof of Address and pic of the ONT number. I did that immediately so the wait begins.

. . . up until today, still nothing . . .

Contact Afrihost support, they can't find Ticket ID, and I am asked to send Proof of Address and pic of ONT number.

:mad:

Opened up ClientZone . . . Cancelled service!

Can't deal with kak service.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Moved to a new area month end, migrated my line from Vuma Reach to Frogfoot on Clientzone, line verified, account verified, plugged in my router and line was activated. Debit order went off without a issues.

Come Friday 12th Feb, line gets disconnected. Logged a support request with Afrihost. I am told told there is an installation request at my address, so I explained slowly that the fibre installation is already complete, ONT and line is already done by Frogfoot. I had connectivity, month is paid for.

Seems the problem is on Frogfoot side and I need to send Proof of Address and pic of the ONT number. I did that immediately so the wait begins.

. . . up until today, still nothing . . .

Contact Afrihost support, they can't find Ticket ID, and I am asked to send Proof of Address and pic of ONT number.

:mad:

Opened up ClientZone . . . Cancelled service!

Can't deal with kak service.

Hi,

Sorry for the bad experience you have have had with us.

I want to investigate what went wrong and assist going forward. Can you send me your clientzone email address via pm for me to investigate?

ghostRgg

Expert Member
I mean one bad experience is still a bad experience, but have you tried to get assistance from Afrihost on mybroadband? I have seen nothing but fast responses and proper assistance here. Many of my issues with them have always been on the FNO or Provider side, never afrihost (besides the DNS issues).

I'm sure somebody like AfriNatic will gladly assist if you are still willing to provide details.

Edit: Speak of the fanatics.

saor

Honorary Master
I mean one bad experience is still a bad experience, but have you tried to get assistance from Afrihost on mybroadband?
I'm actually amazed that it doesn't occur to someone with 36k posts to use the AH forum staff first considering their track record of being super helpful here. But then knows where to moan.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
I mean one bad experience is still a bad experience, but have you tried to get assistance from Afrihost on mybroadband? I have seen nothing but fast responses and proper assistance here. Many of my issues with them have always been on the FNO or Provider side, never afrihost (besides the DNS issues).

I'm sure somebody like AfriNatic will gladly assist if you are still willing to provide details.

Edit: Speak of the fanatics.

TBH I never really had any issues with Afrihost, I guess its frustration that kicked in. I would gladly stay with them for sure.

I actually for got about support from AfriNatic, he has helped me in the past.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
I'm actually amazed that it doesn't occur to someone with 36k posts to use the AH forum staff first considering their track record of being super helpful here. But then knows where to moan.
BOOM. AfriNatic was fast on this one.

Never understood the "complaining about an ISP thread", but never "asking for help from the ISP thread"
TBH I never really had any issues with Afrihost, I guess its frustration that kicked in. I would gladly stay with them for sure.

I actually for got about support from AfriNatic, he has helped me in the past.
Frustration gets us all, take a long breath, go out and punch some rye bread and then get back to business.