Patrick Stewart will star in new Star Trek TV series as Jean-Luc Picard on CBS All Ac

yebocan

Executive Member
At the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas on Saturday, CBS announced that a new show will join Star Trek: Discovery on its CBS All Access streaming service. This new Star Trek series will explore Next Generation character Jean-Luc Picard's next chapter and will see Patrick Stewart return to the role.

The show is the first to come after CBS' June announcement that the Star Trek television universe would be expanding with Discovery showrunner Alex Kurtzman overseeing the new series (disclosure: CBS is CNET's parent company). CBS said then that traditional, miniseries and animated Star Trek shows were being considered. No word on whether other series are still being considered; this announcement may be the only one, or simply the first.
https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-expands-canon-with-new-show-patrick-stewart-jean-luc-picard/?ftag=CAD-03-10aaj8j

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I've never seen Discovery. Is it and the new show set in the original timeline or the reboot timeline?

killerbyte

Expert Member
I've never seen Discovery. Is it and the new show set in the original timeline or the reboot timeline?
Discovery is in the reboot.

Not sure about the new one. He said in the announcement that Picard has changed and won't be the guy we remember.

Lupus

Honorary Master

Not sure about the new one. He said in the announcement that Picard has changed and won't be the guy we remember.
Uhm it's not in the rebooted timeline it's the original timeline according to Kurtzman

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Thank goodness. Janeway had bigger balls than he did.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Any new Star Trek series is one too little.

killerbyte

Expert Member
In a fight - Voyager vs Discovery - I'd bet money on Janeway every time.
Mainly because Janeway wouldn't flinch at the thought of ramming Voyager down the throat of her enemies.

But back to Picard... I wonder if they might say he has retired but they are pulling him out of retirement to face down the new Borg threat.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Mainly because Janeway wouldn't flinch at the thought of ramming Voyager down the throat of her enemies.

But back to Picard... I wonder if they might say he has retired but they are pulling him out of retirement to face down the new Borg threat.
Janeway's crew has a lot more personality than Picard's crew, ignoring Tuvok who is any case the best of the Chief Tactical Officers.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Hopefully he went for some acting refresher courses after Logan. Man that was some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Worse than the rest of the cast and they were far from passable.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Janeway's crew has a lot more personality than Picard's crew, ignoring Tuvok who is any case the best of the Chief Tactical Officers.
I had zero attachment to the Enterprise-D/E crew (except Data). I had some attachment to VOY crew but serious love for the crew of DS9.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
The dude is almost 80 years old. They want us to believe Starfleet crew never retire?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I had zero attachment to the Enterprise-D/E crew (except Data). I had some attachment to VOY crew but serious love for the crew of DS9.
I liked some of the crew, still liked Yasha Yar, Data, Geordie and Picard, but I had no love for Riker. Though there are mor crew members I liked in the other ST series.