Patrick Stewart will star in new Star Trek TV series as Jean-Luc Picard on CBS All Ac

killerbyte

Expert Member
Preach brother. Ds9 had the best characters of any trek imo.
What I loved about DS9 is how they took a species that we hated (Ferengi) and built upon their greed and created Rom, Quark and Nog... the latter two are some of my all time favourite characters. But the Ferengi in TNG were trolls.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Though it sometimes felt like another series where there were massive space stations and people stood around talking. Not saying what though :)
How dare you compare DS9 and Babylon 5. How dare you stand were he stood!

Truth be told... a tear has been known to escape when I watch the final episode of DS9.

theratman

Executive Member
What I loved about DS9 is how they took a species that we hated (Ferengi) and built upon their greed and created Rom, Quark and Nog... the latter two are some of my all time favourite characters. But the Ferengi in TNG were trolls.
Like quark, not a big fan of his Padres. I'm more of a Garak, Dukat, Odo fan. :)

yebocan

Executive Member
How dare you compare DS9 and Babylon 5. How dare you stand were he stood!

Truth be told... a tear has been known to escape when I watch the final episode of DS9.
Babylon 5 had its moments...G'kar's comes to mind. The eloquence of his reasoning, especially after he overcame his hate....

killerbyte

Expert Member
Like quark, not a big fan of his Padres. I'm more of a Garak, Dukat, Odo fan. :)
Let me amend my earlier statement.

I like all the characters (ok, maybe not Jake Sisko). The good guys were great, the villains were properly evil. And the change with Cardassians in the end made them endearing.

And I started a new rewatch 2 days ago.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
I have only watched the original series, and then Discovery. If I want to watch the others, DS9, Voyager or the next generation, in which order must I watch them?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I have only watched the original series, and then Discovery. If I want to watch the others, DS9, Voyager or the next generation, in which order must I watch them?
TNG, DS9, Voyager and then Enterprise.

isie

Executive Member
It will show Picard taking over his late brothers vineyard :whistling:
"Jean Luc expected to retire in peace but now dealing with the rise of Synthehol and the illegal sale of Romulan ale especially with the collapse of the Romulan star empire ."

coming to CBS streaming and Netflix
Chateau Picard - where no Trek has gone before.

Lupus

Honorary Master
It will show Picard taking over his late brothers vineyard :whistling:
"Jean Luc expected to retire in peace but now dealing with the rise of Synthehol and the illegal sale of Romulan ale especially with the collapse of the Romulan star empire ."

coming to CBS streaming and Netflix
Chateau Picard - where no Trek has gone before.
If you have replicators that can make anything you want, why would you ever need to grow anything?
I can understand in Voyager their down on resources even the replicators are used for limited stuff, but on earth?

Cray

Honorary Master
If you have replicators that can make anything you want, why would you ever need to grow anything?
I can understand in Voyager their down on resources even the replicators are used for limited stuff, but on earth?
I imagine replicators have limitations on what they can replicate - i.e. They can only replicate an item that has been sampled and added to the database. So making a new form of wine, or cheese or whiskey would still require things to be grown. Sure once a particular wine is created you could replicate it ad infinitum but something new would have to be done the old fashioned way.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I imagine replicators have limitations on what they can replicate - i.e. They can only replicate an item that has been sampled and added to the database. So making a new form of wine, or cheese or whiskey would still require things to be grown. Sure once a particular wine is created you could replicate it ad infinitum but something new would have to be done the old fashioned way.
Also I was just reading up, apparently it's also possible that it would add the 1% sub bit error, which would change the taste of an item ever so slightly. So gourmets and so one would moan.

Cray

Honorary Master
Also I was just reading up, apparently it's also possible that it would add the 1% sub bit error, which would change the taste of an item ever so slightly. So gourmets and so one would moan.
I also wonder if there might be some snobbery involved in sourcing "real" as opposed to replicated food..