Paul Oakenfold - Cape Town & JHB : May 2010

Dusk

Expert Member
Wicked :twisted: !!!

I been waiting for some time for him to come play here.
Paul Oakenfold in SA
CapeTownLive Info

Event info

Miller Genuine Draft and 5FM are proud to announce the South African Tour of thelegendary Paul Oakenfold. The tour will take place over two dates, in Cape Town andJohannesburg and will mark the start of the biggest dance music phenomenon to hit SouthAfrica in years!The Miller Presents Perfecto Featuring Paul Oakenfold Tour will be supported by the best inlocal radio and club talent from around South Africa making the events a must see.The Cape Town leg will be held at Atmospheer Nightclub in Lansdowne on Friday 7th May. Avenue which has hosted many of the world's leading DJ's including Tiesto, Fatboy Slim, ErickMorillo and Paul van Dyk to name a few. This 2,500 pax super club has recently had aR2million renovation and now includes 4 VIP Lounges, a mezzanine level, state of the artSound and Lighting as well as an in-house ATM.Be part of the tour with Roger Goode and Erica Elle as they broadcast live on 5FM from bothAtmospheer Nightclub and Sky Raiders.Support artists for the tour include Locnville (LIVE), Goodluck (LIVE), DJ Fresh, Roger Goode,Ryan Dent, James G, Milkshake, Erica Elle, Euphonic, Mlu, HouseHold Funk, Pascal & Pearce,Nick Supply and many, many more.Tickets on sale via Computicket now!Another NuWave Entertainment event www.nuwave.co.za

Last edited:

cerebus

Honorary Master
Saw him at Godskitchen in Manchester.... erm... 10 years ago. He's still doing the whole turntables+microphone thing hey?

Dusk

Expert Member
Saw him at Godskitchen in Manchester.... erm... 10 years ago. He's still doing the whole turntables+microphone thing hey?
Only one way to know :p
Although a lot of DJs use a combination of CDJs , Turntables and Laptops/Mac .

Last edited:

Natas

Expert Member
Paul Oakenfold!?!? is he still alive?.... the king of cheese.. pure and utter! Ecstacy is like sooo nineties.. and taking ekkies and swaying to dream house.. or dream cheese as I like to call it.. is no longer my idea of fun. Neither is smelling of stale tiger balm for a week after the party!

The only way I would go to a "rave" ever again, is if they have a Jungle room like back in the day, with Matt of Pharcyde (I think it was) maybe coming out of retirement and spinning all his old dusty records

AMG133

Expert Member
god dammit! Durbans got a world class arena! some body tell this to the oversea's artists!!!

Edduck

Expert Member
Ooooh I listened to his sets way back when at school still! Damn why in Landsdowne! I'm pretty keen on going but why the dodgiest place in CT???

wikk3d88

Expert Member
Ooooh I listened to his sets way back when at school still! Damn why in Landsdowne! I'm pretty keen on going but why the dodgiest place in CT???
I can only assume that the so-called 'high end' clubs do not want a world famous DJ to bring in the crowds to their clubs. . .

greg_SA

Expert Member
Most of the clubs in CT are just too small.... they had Paul van Dyk at Atmosphere too... wasn't bad... not a great area, but the club is fine.