Pause for a moment and snap a quick pic - The Mobile Photography Thread

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Honestly I prefer this shot over the earlier one which you did HDR etc, the clouds there looked a bit... overcooked.
But this is gorgeous, I mean it could easilyt go onto a website advertising a camping spot etc.
Have to agree, the HDR on this phone does go a tad over the top. I have started using the built in panoramic feature (that last shot) and it works a treat with more true to life saturation. You might like the non-HDR version I took at the same time.
I know I've asked you before, but where in the world are you? General area, if you don't mind.
I am in Stellenbosch and that shot was taken on a ride on Bottelary Hills which is between Stellenbosch, Kuilsrivier, Brackenfell and Kraaifontein. That panorama was shot at 58.85km into this ride (marker does not show for some reason).
Roux is in his own world, most days:p
Too true! :laugh:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
That is a seriously god pic. I have so many but could never get anything that decent on my phones. What are you using and are you stitching / cropping majorly?
I don’t think he is stitching, look at the barrel distortion on the building on the left. I reckon a single image with a very wide lens... 16mm?

Eric

Honorary Master
I don’t think he is stitching, look at the barrel distortion on the building on the left. I reckon a single image with a very wide lens... 16mm?
I'm keen to know what lens it was... so many rubbish ones around.

Eric

Honorary Master
Stock standard phone lens? The do go pretty wide.
Probably upper end Huawei / Samsung at a guess then. I struggled to get shots that wide on iPhone 6, but things have moved on quite a bit in that department.