Pause for a moment and snap a quick pic - The Mobile Photography Thread

Eric

Honorary Master
Birds in our work parking area. They don't mind people walking around them. Every year they are here with their baby chick. Very cute

Taken with Lenovo Z2 Plus with Gcam mod and on Night Sight with HDR+ (4x Zoom)

View attachment 958161
Ah beaut! Dikkoppe. Amazing birds. Watch out for the eggs. They lay them in ground based nests... Though it looks like that is mom, dad and chick in the pic. Covid baby. Probably laid the egg during lockdown.

Eric

Honorary Master
Have to say. for me it is so good to see than dam so full. On Google Earth imagery it still has a bit to go before almost touching the MTB single track, (as it was laid out).
That is good.
We've had drought in the EC for some time now and it isn't helped by the fact that junkies are stealing copper ferrules from the water meters at 3am. Apparently 25 meters were repaired last month in my neighbourhood alone. Ours was ripped out the day before yesterday and water pumped into the street at 400-600 kpa for 12 hours before it was fixed.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Ah beaut! Dikkoppe. Amazing birds. Watch out for the eggs. They lay them in ground based nests... Though it looks like that is mom, dad and chick in the pic. Covid baby. Probably laid the egg during lockdown.

Jja, the one is a chick still. Been watching him go from a tiny little thing to almost fully grown. They have extremely long legs that fold in under them when they lay down. One morning I drove into the parking area and they were there but the chick was laying on its side with its legs stretched out. Immediately got a lump in my throat thinking something happened to it. Parked, got out and slowly approached them. When I got close enough the mom .... or dad not sure which is which, started making this hectic hissing growling sound while staring at me. The chick woke up and got right as rain. I was so relieved, but walked away thinking "Jezuz lady, no need to get all uppety....was just worried about your baby ffs!"

Eric

Honorary Master
Jja, the one is a chick still. Been watching him go from a tiny little thing to almost fully grown. They have extremely long legs that fold in under them when they lay down. One morning I drove into the parking area and they were there but the chick was laying on its side with its legs stretched out. Immediately got a lump in my throat thinking something happened to it. Parked, got out and slowly approached them. When I got close enough the mom .... or dad not sure which is which, started making this hectic hissing growling sound while staring at me. The chick woke up and got right as rain. I was so relieved, but walked away thinking "Jezuz lady, no need to get all uppety....was just worried about your baby ffs!"
Hahaha they are super protective moms and dads. Model parents hehehe