Paying month to month after contract, will MTN allow me to add data bundle?

bigboy529

Expert Member
Hi all
A friend of mine is on MTN but have been going on and paying month to month now for about 3 years without signing another 24 month contract or upgrading her phone. Question is, will MTN now allow her to add a data bundle to her current contract as it is going now, or would they require that she first sign another 24 month contract before allowing a bundle? She doesn't want to sign a contract because she doesn't want to be bogged down or commit for 24 months and anyway don't need a new phone every 24 months because she is happy with older phones passed on by her husband.

Beachless

Executive Member
I'm sure she could but why not just convert the number to prepaid and save a bunch of money?

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
You know if she is paying month to month on a contract that has expired she is probably still paying extra for a non-existent phone? Which is crazy, convert to prepaid and save some cash.

Dean

Expert Member
OP I'm doing exactly that at the moment, it's so yes it's entirely possible.

Jaxter

My contract terminates at end of February. I have airtime, SMS and data balances. Will I lose these or will these carry over into March or until they are used up? Will they be renewed monthly as they are now? Would it cost less to convert to prepaid?