PC Link Computers: Legit?

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Bought a Hard drive from them, two weeks later it hadn't arrived. Emailed them and they said it was lost in transit. Then they said the price was too low for new stock and so offered to refund me. Which they did. But I had to chase them and ended up with no hard drive after 3 weeks.

airborne

Honorary Master
My first purchase from them arrived, albeit a bit late so I thought I would be safe to make another purchase. They took my money, didn't deliver anything and didn't respond to any attempts at contacting them. I eventually sent them an email, copied to Payfast their payment provider, saying I was going to lay fraud charges against them, and Payfast for facilitating the fraud. I don't know what happened between them and Payfast, but Payfast refunded me in full within 48 hours.
Nice!

shadow_man

Executive Member
Just a quick update. My delivery arrived yesterday.

So that's:

Order placed on Oct 5th (late afternoon)
Arrived Oct 11th (morning)

JHB --> CPT

Not a bad experience - now hopefully no RMA needed...

Last edited:

Solitude

Executive Member

They run the shop from there.

I bought a pc 2nd hand quite a while back and there was a problem with the power supply. The power supply was originally bought from Pc Link Computers so I contacted them and dropped the PSU off at that house and they helped me with the warranty.

schuits

Expert Member
Strange, there is pclinkshop.com & pclinkshop.co.za
They are different web sites, why would you not just redirect to a single site.

Anyway I bought from them a few years ago and didn't have a problem, but that was then.

airborne

Honorary Master

Anyway I bought from them a few years ago and didn't have a problem, but that was then.
Is it the same company though?

shadow_man

Executive Member

.co.za = local stock, .com = import stock

The .co.za = fast'ish
The .com = slow as import / delays etc

Same company, this has been discussed before.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I just bought a monitor from them. It was delivered after 4 days. Not bad. Only thing is you don't get any notifications for shipping or anything like that. The courier just showed up on the day.

Cpt Jack Celliers

*** - Update 22 Nov - I have received a full refund
** Update 19 Nov - was cc'd on an email to Payfast authorising a refund to me

Paid R1163 for a laptop battery to PC-Link on 25 August. Nothing received 45 days later and no communication. On mentioning reversing the charge with my bank on 8 November they cancelled the order today. No credit received yet on my card but hopefully it will pitch up there in 45 days or so. No apology, no cancellation. Weird.

pc-link.JPG

Attachments

• pc-link cancelled.JPG
    pc-link cancelled.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Comix

Just learnt this lesson the hard hard way.
Tried to order the Anker Soundcore Motion Boom listed on their website. After waiting almost 2 months a completely different no-name speaker arrived. Their non existent customer service means we now face an uphill battle returning the current item and getting a refund.

We have now logged a complaint with the CGSO

orkoza

We ordered a Seagate Ironwolf Pro 8TB NAS drive from them in the last week of October. It took about 10 working days to get delivered. Popped it into the NAS, it was dead. The couriers then picked up the HDD on the same day and after a lot of emails the "supplier" sent a replacement unit that we received today (one month later). The replacement that they sent is a f$%^*&^ 4TB Seagate Skyhawk, a surveillance HDD. Now the emails have to start again, the last time I will be ordering anything from them.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
We ordered a Seagate Ironwolf Pro 8TB NAS drive from them in the last week of October. It took about 10 working days to get delivered. Popped it into the NAS, it was dead. The couriers then picked up the HDD on the same day and after a lot of emails the "supplier" sent a replacement unit that we received today (one month later). The replacement that they sent is a f$%^*&^ 4TB Seagate Skyhawk, a surveillance HDD. Now the emails have to start again, the last time I will be ordering anything from them.
Maybe you should have properly installed the hard drives instead of popping them in?

emperornemesis

How far were they off with their delivery times?
Never delivered. Gave me stories for weeks on end about the finance people not being in the office, hence no refunds being done. Phones went unanswered all the time. They should be avoided like the plague!