• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

PE: Train derails

Herald Port Elizabeth

Chaos erupted near the PE train station when a train travelling from Bloemfontein to the city derailed just before noon.

It is believed that the track broke causing the train to derail. Two people were seriously injured and taken to hospital.

A second accident occurred when a fire truck rolled on the way to the scene. Three people travelling in the fire truck were injured and also taken to hospital.

Sidon Road:

Seriously

Honorary Master
A second accident occurred when a fire truck rolled on the way to the scene. Three people travelling in the fire truck were injured and also taken to hospital.
Wow! McD town is in a accidental mess today! I am sure the FB was not traveling slowly, how did that happen.

Reminds me of an incident years ago where a new fire engine was in the local paper the Friday and during the first veld fire action during the weekend it burned out and featured in a photo the following week. Apparently the wind turned!

Last edited:

Electric

Honorary Master
WTF, how does the fire engine have an accident on the way lol?
Talk about bad driving.
He must have taken the corner to sharp at the Darling street turn under the bridge.

Wow! McD town is in a accidental mess today! I am sure the FB was not traveling slowly, how did that happen
That turn to the right (Darling Street under M17 bridge into Sidon Road) is pretty tight. FB either nudged the kerb going into the corner or took it too fast.

WTF, how does the fire engine have an accident on the way lol?
Talk about bad driving.
He must have taken the corner to sharp at the Darling street turn under the bridge.
As kids we used to fish off the dolosse to the right of that pic...

Type RSA

Expert Member
Man this makes me remember the days we could still travel using the trains! Miss it a lot. Used to hang out the window all the way. Glad it isn't too serious.