Pedestrian mowed down by taxi driving in the wrong lane

gamer16

Expert Member
Look right
Look left
Look right again
Go

Guess it wasn't important in his family to teach this.

We may have too start writing crossing instructions on the pavement as they do in some other countries.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Look right
Look left
Look right again
Go

Guess it wasn't important in his family to teach this.

We may have too start writing crossing instructions on the pavement as they do in some other countries.
Well he was looking down the road... the direction one expects the traffic to come from.

The reason we teach kids to look right, then left then right again is that when standing on the pavement you are able to check the traffic in both lanes before crossing. Of all the people to blame it is definitely not the poor guy who got hit by a moving vehicle.
But then I guess we live in the wild west and I guess victim blaming is also a fun pastime.

gamer16

Expert Member
Well he was looking down the road... the direction one expects the traffic to come from.

The reason we teach kids to look right, then left then right again is that when standing on the pavement you are able to check the traffic in both lanes before crossing. Of all the people to blame it is definitely not the poor guy who got hit by a moving vehicle.
But then I guess we live in the wild west and I guess victim blaming is also a fun pastime.
Point me to where I placed blame? Merely noted his mistake, see no point in pointing out the mistakes of the vehicle as its somewhat obvious.

eg2505

Honorary Master
taxis are unpredictable, the end...

when you see a taxi, whether you in a car or on foot.
keep distance from those mobile death machines with their collection of dents and cardboard brakes.
and spanner for a steering wheel.

maumau

Honorary Master
taxis are unpredictable, the end...

when you see a taxi, whether you in a car or on foot.
keep distance from those mobile death machines with their collection of dents and cardboard brakes.
and spanner for a steering wheel.
............ and if you're going downhill be sure there isn't a truck behind you.

Trompie67

Expert Member

Nope!

Should be #himtoo

PsyWulf

Executive Member
And just earlier today I was looking at that vid of the motorcyclist backing a taxi down that went wrong way down a one-way to skip traffic,then another one pulls the same nonsense and (near) kills a pedestrian

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I see this every day to and from work.

Worst part is other road users are joining them.

Sums the country up. People do what they want and eventually even those that towed the line just throw the towel in.