Pedestrian mowed down by taxi driving in the wrong lane

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Sometimes there isn't a lane doing your speed.

160 on the right 80 on the left and you say to yourself let me just stay in the middle.
If there's space to the left,even if you need to switch again because they aren't moving your speed - you still need to move over to not obstruct flow. Lazy arses that think ohno let me stay wherever as long as it's faster than the slowest

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Sometimes there isn't a lane doing your speed.

160 on the right 80 on the left and you say to yourself let me just stay in the middle.
But if you are moving faster than the left lane then it isn't a problem.

The problem is the plonkers in the middle lane travelling at the same speed or slower than the left lane. They cause congestion across two lanes because you can't undertake them (left lane is going just as slow) and you can't overtake them because land speed records are being set in the right lane.

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Last edited:

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Point me to where I placed blame? Merely noted his mistake, see no point in pointing out the mistakes of the vehicle as its somewhat obvious.
Look right
Look left
Look right again
Go

Guess it wasn't important in his family to teach this.

We may have too start writing crossing instructions on the pavement as they do in some other countries.
Anybody could have made this mistake, the taxi comes flying down the wrong side of the road at such a speed that even looking right, left and then right again before crossing might not have saved him.

gamer16

Expert Member
Anybody could have made this mistake, the taxi comes flying down the wrong side of the road at such a speed that even looking right, left and then right again before crossing might not have saved him.
That's an observation, a guesstimate, personal at that. Blame would be if I said he died as a result of not listening to his mother telling him too look both ways

Cr419

Executive Member
The more we start standing up against motorists who continue to do stupid sh!te the better off we will be.. they do these things because we let them get away with it..
Agreed, and the cops should take the blame for this. I've seen the looking at this kind behavior and just driving on.

Ecco

Executive Member
The more we start standing up against motorists who continue to do stupid sh!te the better off we will be.. they do these things because we let them get away with it..
There are a lot of people with dashcam evidence of motorists doing stupid stuff. How does this evidence get taken to the next level?

I have seent people send this evidence to the JMP, Michael Sun etc, nothing gets done. What more must peope do?
Confronting taxis drivers directly is not a safe option for all?

WAslayer

Expert Member
There are a lot of people with dashcam evidence of motorists doing stupid stuff. How does this evidence get taken to the next level?

I have seent people send this evidence to the JMP, Michael Sun etc, nothing gets done. What more must peope do?
Confronting taxis drivers directly is not a safe option for all?
Personally, as far as is safe to myself and other road users, I will, for example, block someone who is trying to push their way onto the highway at the very very end of the merging on ramp.. Or block someone from racing up on the shoulder on the yellow line to jump ahead of traffic..

That's more what I am leaning towards.. Stay within the confines of the law, don't something that is not safe to yourself or anyone else or get out of your car and go push your finger into someone's face..

gamer16

Expert Member
get out of your car and go push your finger into someone's face..
I did that a couple of months ago with some entitled specky twat who rolled into my car on the hill at a Mac D's after I had warned him to use his handbrake properly

Was fun.

But don't do that you may get shot, or worse as this is South Africa, called a racist.

WAslayer

Expert Member
I did that a couple of months ago with some entitled specky twat who rolled into my car on the hill at a Mac D's after I had warned him to use his handbrake properly

Was fun.

But don't do that you may get shot, or worse as this is South Africa, called a racist.
I won't lie, I get tempted to this way too often and even play the scenario out in my head, but common sense always kicks in before I do it and I just carry on..

gamer16

Expert Member
I won't lie, I get tempted to this way too often and even play the scenario out in my head, but common sense always kicks in before I do it and I just carry on..
Me too, but as I said this was a specky twat so the threat was minimal, usually I wont do anything other than shake my head, unless ofcourse you hit my car or something

Cr419

Executive Member
Me too, but as I said this was a specky twat so the threat was minimal, usually I wont do anything other than shake my head, unless ofcourse you hit my car or something
Be careful of judging people on looks, I have a skinny twat colleague that you might want to take on, he has a black belt. You might just get your behind handed to you...

gamer16

Expert Member
Be careful of judging people on looks, I have a skinny twat colleague that you might want to take on, he has a black belt. You might just get your behind handed to you...
Wouldn't be the first time, usually a amicable affair afterwards, where I come from at least.

I presume your colleague doesn't know you think his a twat:ROFL:

Cr419

Executive Member
Wouldn't be the first time, usually a amicable affair afterwards, where I come from at least.

I presume your colleague doesn't know you think his a twat:ROFL:
I suspect he knows everyone thinks he's a twat. I'm one of only a few people that he doesn't work directly with that doesn't straight out avoid him.

VooDooC

What pisses me off is morning on Republic Road going toward William Nicol. Taxis drive between the two car lanes and everyone just makes way for them. I refuse to let them pass, always puts a smile on my face when I see the guy getting livid for not making way for him.