• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Pedestrian mowed down by taxi driving in the wrong lane

Cr419

Executive Member
What pisses me off is morning on Republic Road going toward William Nicol. Taxis drive between the two car lanes and everyone just makes way for them. I refuse to let them pass, always puts a smile on my face when I see the guy getting livid for not making way for him.
I'm the same normally with taxis, got pissed off with a taxi yesterday for going into a non existent gap closing the whole lane off for traffic from both sides, then another taxi seeing this, made a gap for me, registration George3-WP. I will remember him and give him a gap whenever I see him again. Stellenbosch taxi drivers are stupid, most taxis has something written on, or personalized plates. Thurlo-Wp for example, I will go out of my way to close gaps for him whenever I see him, as well as the d.ck with the pink number plate surrounds.

access

Executive Member
The more we start standing up against motorists who continue to do stupid sh!te the better off we will be.. they do these things because we let them get away with it..
we should not be doing this. it is why we have officials, or supposedly, but they have all turned into photographers

i can imagine if everyone starts doing this, more taxi drivers will keep some form of weapon with them to dominate the confrontation..

reactor_sa

Executive Member
The more we start standing up against motorists who continue to do stupid sh!te the better off we will be.. they do these things because we let them get away with it..
Once I just hooted at a taxi for stopping in the middle of Katherine Street in Sandton. Ended up having two taxis try force me off the road, ended up getting hit by one of them taxis. They're thugs and the problem with standing up to them is potentially getting shot dead. Thugs.

WAslayer

Expert Member
Once I just hooted at a taxi for stopping in the middle of Katherine Street in Sandton. Ended up having two taxis try force me off the road, ended up getting hit by one of them taxis. They're thugs and the problem with standing up to them is potentially getting shot dead. Thugs.
You got to know when to pick your fights and when not to.. I don't mess with taxis, but there are just as many motorists who try get away with utter nonsense, it's not just isolated to taxis.. At least here in Cape town..