People aged 35-49 in South Africa are getting their Covid-19 shots before 1 August and that's fine

Corelli

Expert Member
Well its useless having vaccines sit around for no reason. You can goto CTICC already. Best time about 11am as morning can have queue of 1 hour, walk-ins allowed of 35+. You just need ID and medical aid card (or just ID if no medical aid). Inside its very organised. They lead you through the process with such efficiency (well organised and easier than voting. Once done you will be observed for 15/30 mins to make sure no sudden issues. Its really a breeze. If you 50+ you can bypass the queue and go to the front, same if you have appointment (non walk ins). Oh and they will charge R15 for parking (as you exit). Easy peasy

dj2381

Expert Member
Well its useless having vaccines sit around for no reason. You can goto CTICC already. Best time about 11am as morning can have queue of 1 hour, walk-ins allowed of 35+. You just need ID and medical aid card (or just ID if no medical aid). Inside its very organised. They lead you through the process with such efficiency (well organised and easier than voting. Once done you will be observed for 15/30 mins to make sure no sudden issues. Its really a breeze. If you 50+ you can bypass the queue and go to the front, same if you have appointment (non walk ins). Oh and they will charge R15 for parking (as you exit). Easy peasy
Is the parking in the basement of the CTICC? I might give it a try today if I get a chance.

Corelli

Expert Member
The best vac in order
Pfizer
Moderna
Sputnik
J and J (possible bloodclots)
Astra Zeneca (possible bloodclots)
Sinovac (for SA Delta its better than Astra z)

Messugga

Honorary Master
I received my second date on the vaccination card they give to you after your jab. Also got an sms that stated that I will receive an sms with confirmation of my second date.
Also got a second date on the card but I was wondering whether that ensured available stock at the place I received jab 1, or whether I can get jab 2 at an alternative location and whether I'd have to book separately for that.

Also got a second date on the card but I was wondering whether that ensured available stock at the place I received jab 1, or whether I can get jab 2 at an alternative location and whether I'd have to book separately for that.

My parents went to different vaccination sites for their first and second doses.

pozmans

You can go to any site for your second shot, the only thing is that you’ll have to queue and don’t get to skip the queue like at your designated site since you won’t be scheduled.

I went to the Mediclinic near me (with sms in hand) and got to skip a queue of about 100 people (walk ins). Was in and out within 20min.

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
You can go to any site for your second shot, the only thing is that you’ll have to queue and don’t get to skip the queue like at your designated site since you won’t be scheduled.

I went to the Mediclinic near me (with sms in hand) and got to skip a queue of about 100 people (walk ins). Was in and out within 20min.

I made a booking for my second jab at a different site to my first.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I received my second date on the vaccination card they give to you after your jab. Also got an sms that stated that I will receive an sms with confirmation of my second date.
You are in the minority. Most don't get anything like that. In fact there is nothing to stop the system from doing this for all. Yet it only happens in a few cases.

pozmans

You are in the minority. Most don't get anything like that. In fact there is nothing to stop the system from doing this for all. Yet it only happens in a few cases.

The system automatically sends you an sms around day 40 (I think it was day 40, but anyway it’s a few days before) reminding you that you’re due for you second shot on day 42. My entire family (including extended family) have effectively all been fully vaccinated and experienced the same process.

Currantly

Expert Member
The system automatically sends you an sms around day 40 (I think it was day 40, but anyway it’s a few days before) reminding you that you’re due for you second shot on day 42. My entire family (including extended family) have effectively all been fully vaccinated and experienced the same process.

Is it the same process no matter how you received your first dose (walk-in/appointment)?

noxibox

Honorary Master
Since it seems the response to the Pfizer vaccine is significantly improved by waiting 8 weeks for the second injection South Africa should consider changing the delay. An extra 2 weeks for a potentially significant improvement in protection.

I just got my first shot - went to the CTICC. Very well organised and was in out out in 20 minutes.
That means they've got it down to pretty much the bare minimum time. That's good.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
That means they've got it down to pretty much the bare minimum time. That's good.
It takes longer getting in and out of the parking and then had a mandated wait time after the shot of 15 minutes to make sure you don't keel over.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Is it the same process no matter how you received your first dose (walk-in/appointment)?
In the case of the first one you can simply ignore the government's booking and make your own wherever and whenever you want. They haven't been clear about whether that applies to the second.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
In Durban, Park Square in uMhlanga is walk-in and very very efficient.

marbro

Total time on wednesday for me was 1 hour.
including the 15minutes "lets see if he develops super powers" time

I just walked in, gave my id and it was done, easy squeezy lemon peasy

(West rand, gauteng)

pozmans

Most likely. Your details should be captured in system. Did you receive a sms after your first shot? If so, you're in the system and it should send out a reminder automatically then.