People aged 35-49 in South Africa are getting their Covid-19 shots before 1 August and that's fine

Lupus

Honorary Master
Still waiting for the sms to say I can go through, registered through on Discovery, EVDS and still nada, wife got a booking for the 11th of August.

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
Folks, your haste to get vaccinated is going to bite you in the arse, come the December 2021 4th wave. By then, the vaccine efficacy would've withered and all the "experts" will again call for lockdowns etc, ruining Christmas.

Wait until around the beginning of November, get your shots and then get shots again in May 2022 before the 5th wave in June.
You're pretending that current, and previous, lockdown decisions had anything to do with healthcare. Underwear, pies, shoes, beaches, etc, etc.

Wow @LCBXX just destroyed @LCBXX with his logic.

giphy.gif

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
TBH it's annoying the crap out of me. They know where I live, they should be able to figure out that driving to Cape Town isn't particularly practical.
Well, in fairness, they only have sites in JHB and CT. What do you expect them to say to you?

You need to suck it up and go stand face to arse with the plebs at a regular government site.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's an automated website thingy, isn't it? You put your stuff in and it responds with it's stuff, doesn't it? You expect some person sitting there intellectualising each booking?
It's automated, but since they know with absolute certainly the region where I registered, and they know that they don't have a vaccination centre anywhere near that region, it's not much of a stretch to expect them not to send me reminders.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
It's automated, but since they know with absolute certainly the region where I registered, and they know that they don't have a vaccination centre anywhere near that region, it's not much of a stretch to expect them not to send me reminders.
You're asking them to build complexity into the system, when in fact as a rational human, you should not have registered on it in the first place, knowing they don't have a site within x amount of km of you?

I would think you're more squared away than that

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
It's an automated website thingy, isn't it? You put your stuff in and it responds with it's stuff, doesn't it? You expect some person sitting there intellectualising each booking?

No but some basic business rules around distance to Vaccination site would be useful and shouldn't have taken much extra effort to put into their system.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
No but some basic business rules around distance to Vaccination site would be useful and shouldn't have taken much extra effort to put into their system.
Fair enough. I assume it's been made with an eye on the future when they do have more sites in more areas.

And as far as business rules go, I think most corporate websites in SA are built on a spreadsheet with a table lookup in the background, so you may be expecting too much here.

Ecco

Executive Member
Was at a coffee shop this morning a few stores away from a clicks. I was there at 07h45, people had queued since 7am for vaccinces, maybe about 50 people in the line.

At 08h00 when the store opened, everybody walked away - asked why the people are leaving, it turns out they ran out of stock the day before. The store cant advise when they will get more stock.

shearder

I think it's fair that people remove themselves from the gene pool. We only need string intelligent people in this. There is enough information out there to help people make informed decisions and if they choose the vaccine then they deserve the consequences

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Fair enough. I assume it's been made with an eye on the future when they do have more sites in more areas.

And as far as business rules go, I think most corporate websites in SA are built on a spreadsheet with a table lookup in the background, so you may be expecting too much here.

Even with an eye to the future that business rule would make sense.

I register in Pondokkiesfontein and there are only 3 sites within 100kms of me. I don't need to be shown another 8 sites that are 1000kms away.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yes it is long overdue that sentient thinking humans get involved in these types ofcsystems

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You're asking them to build complexity into the system, when in fact as a rational human, you should not have registered on it in the first place, knowing they don't have a site within x amount of km of you?

I would think you're more squared away than that
You're kidding right? Complexity? You specify your region when you register. At the very least they know I am in the eastern cape and they know they don't have a centre anywhere near that.

I had no knowledge of where their vaccination centres were when they asked me to register. Secondly registering via my provider also registered me on EVDS.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 09.15.01.png

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Even with an eye to the future that business rule would make sense.

I register in Pondokkiesfontein and there are only 3 sites within 100kms of me. I don't need to be shown another 8 sites that are 1000kms away.
Dr "Time is a great healer" Crips claims a few weeks ago that the scheduling is based on a 200km radius search for an appointment. Long debate about why this is (rural areas etc). Then I saw a post about someone moaning that that does not take into account road access, which might mean that sites even if 200 km as the crow flies, not be accessible without long drives. So I suppose that messed up the algorithm.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Registration for 35 --> 49 went live last week Thursday morning.
That same afternoon at 3 pm my friend posted me a pic of her Vaccinated form.
Quick and Easy