People aged 35-49 in South Africa are getting their Covid-19 shots before 1 August and that's fine

genetic

Honorary Master
I nearly died the following day with my flu symptoms (for whatever reason).

Then again, man-flu has a seperate ICD-10 code. It starts with "F" ;)

Weird. I had absolutely no symptoms whats-so-ever, besides a sore arm.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Weird. I had absolutely no symptoms whats-so-ever, besides a sore arm.
Saltwater would give you the same response. So, based on some of the stats done on myBB, how sure are you you actually got a vaccine?
Did you ask the jabber to show you the vial from which your dose was drawn to check its label?
A sarcastic comment BTW.

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
Well discovery definitely aren't applying that algorithm either....

The closest site it picks up for me is 1 Discovery Place... its not like I'm about to drive to JHB to have someone stick a needle in my arm.

Even looking at the "sites" Discovery does have, they're dropping the ball monumentally since its like 10 sites across the whole country if their site is to be believed, they don't list any Dischems/Clicks/etc....

^ Same here. Got immediate sms confirmation of reg. from Discovery & EVDS. That was it.

Walk-ins were accepted at our local mall ( Hillcrest Hospital running the site ) until mall was trashed & closed for clear-up.
They’re re-opening this site Monday. Think you’re near area so maybe an option next week if you haven’t found a closer site.

Driving licence ID was accepted, EVDS reg. was confirmed, and a few other details requested. It was very well organised & efficient. Discovery details were not required. We were in / out in half hour with proof of vac. and code / date for 2nd jab, but would expect longer wait now.
Screenshot 2021-07-24 at 13.40.24.png

https://www.facebook.com/WatercrestMallKZN/

GrootVoet

I was lucky as a walk in, got helped last Wednesday. In and out in less than a hour.

Understand some sites will not allow walk ins anymore because they don't have enough shots left for those with appointments in the afternoon.

zoozi

Will the doses continue to be Pfizer in metro areas well into the 21-35 age gap?
Only rural get J&J?
ANC cabinet should have got Sinovac, they deserve it, the cunts.

Cray

Honorary Master
After successfully registering where do you get the Evds number?
I didn't need it, got vaccinated yesterday and all they asked to see was the initial SMS that confirmed I had registered. That was as a walk-in...

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I thought the vaccine is free
A buddy of mine went for jab and saw now that Medical Aid deducted R200 from him