People aged 35-49 in South Africa are getting their Covid-19 shots before 1 August and that's fine

semaphore

Honorary Master
So the Vaccine isn't free then?
Jissus
Skelms out there
Doesn't seem so, at least not for people on medical aid. Not sure if they will try to recover it from the government or it could be the people on medical aid covering the costs for the disadvantaged.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
So Medical Aid is just ripping people off then?

I mean you have medical aid and walk into Dischem and get the jab for free coz government paid for it or whoever.
And then Medical Aid goes, Hey I want some money for what just happened
And they bill you R200 or R400 or whatever

What the **** man?

NR7

Will the doses continue to be Pfizer in metro areas well into the 21-35 age gap?
Only rural get J&J?
ANC cabinet should have got Sinovac, they deserve it, the cunts.

Good question. So let's break down the numbers.

So far there's the original 1.5 million batch of J&J that was meant for the teachers/healthcare/journalists/etc but because it expires on the 11th of August, some public sites are receiving this in addition to the normal Pfizer so there is some J&J floating around right now.
There's around 250000 doses left and around 45000 workers are being vaccinated every day, so this should be finished well before 11 August

Then 1.5 million doses of J&J will be distributed next week from the Midrand warehouse.
Then another 600000 doses of J&J will be arriving next week but after the various checks it will likely be distributed in 2 weeks time.

The president said 31 million over 2-3 months from both Pfizer + J&J.

In April they that Pfizer has been contracted to deliver 16.5 million doses in the third quarter (July-September), i.e. an average of more than 1 million doses per week.
Of this batch, atleast 3 million need to go towards the people that still need second shots from Pfizer.

And that means 14.5 million J&J doses should be coming by Oct.

My guess is that the over 35s + all the 2nd doses will use up most of the Pfizer stock and 18-35 rollout will use the J&J. Or maybe more of the J&J will go to rural areas by opening up more vaccination sites.

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master

I mean you have medical aid and walk into Dischem and get the jab for free coz government paid for it or whoever.

What the **** man?
Im more inclined to believe the ANC gets these funds from the medical aids

Suspect99

Executive Member

What the **** man?
It the medical aid pays for it .but it doesn't come from your medical savings account.

NR7

What the **** man?

The R400 comes out the prescribed minimum benefits for COVID vaccinations AFAIK ?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Best method to find a site?

1. Drive around until you get one that has vaxxx
2. Book in the future, seems at least 14+ days lead time

NR7

Pineapple Smurf

@Jan
What's going on here?
Why are Medical Aid schemes deducting money for the jab at a Dischem or wherever?
Is this legal?

Thanx

Pineapple Smurf

NR7

Best method to find a site?

1. Drive around until you get one that has vaxxx
2. Book in the future, seems at least 14+ days lead time

Depends on age and whether you have booked.

My over 50 parents booked yesterday through EVDS and Discovery. They could've gone today to 1 Discovery Place already, but they're going later in the week when it suits them.

Seems like walk-ins are the real issue, the queues at my local Ackermans and Clicks are crazy and they run out of stock allocations for walk-ins quickly.

NR7

But in this case citizens are now been forced to subsidise the poor with jabs

No, medical schemes are being forced to subsidise the poor. You don't pay a cent out of your savings if you're on medical aid. You don't pay a cent out of your savings without it either.

Pineapple Smurf

No, medical schemes are being forced to subsidise the poor. You don't pay a cent out of your savings if you're on medical aid. You don't pay a cent out of your savings without it either.
So my friends getting billed the R200.
What does that mean?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Depends on age and whether you have booked.

My over 50 parents booked yesterday through EVDS and Discovery. They could've gone today to 1 Discovery Place already, but they're going later in the week when it suits them.

Seems like walk-ins are the real issue, the queues at my local Ackermans and Clicks are crazy and they run out of stock allocations for walk-ins quickly.
Regged on EVDS look for site.

NR7

What does that mean?

It means either
- They don't know how to read their Medical Aid claims history to see where its paid from
- Some Dischem/Clicks/Ackermans bloke decided to steal from people by asking for cash upfront

mjzar

What does that mean?
Did he pay out-of-pocket though? Its likely for the administration of the vaccine
The vaccine is a prescribed minimum benefit PMB
schemes are required to fund the full cost of the vaccine for all scheme members (the cost of the vaccines and administration fee). And it shouldn't affect members benefits either afaik