'People are going to die' - Doctors forced to choose who to save as Covid-19 third wave batters Gauteng

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Speaking of which: I seriously doubt, nay convinced, that there is no such thing with this one, same as the other one from that family, i.e. the common cold.

And something else I believe:
vaccine
/ˈvaksiːn,ˈvaksɪn/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

The current "vaccines" that are touted as such world-wide is no vaccine in real terms as it fails the basic test - provides immunity. Calling this and all the anti-flu jabs a vaccine is stretching it, imho.

With polio, smallpox, tetanus, et al, once you are vaccinated you become immune to said disease.
100%

Although I said the exact same thing regarding the vaccines and got called an anti-vaxx covid denialist here.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Speaking of which: I seriously doubt, nay convinced, that there is no such thing with this one, same as the other one from that family, i.e. the common cold.

And something else I believe:
vaccine
/ˈvaksiːn,ˈvaksɪn/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

The current "vaccines" that are touted as such world-wide is no vaccine in real terms as it fails the basic test - provides immunity. Calling this and all the anti-flu jabs a vaccine is stretching it, imho.

With polio, smallpox, tetanus, et al, once you are vaccinated you become immune to said disease.
It would be more accurate to say they pretend to be vaccines by trying to fake immunity..... badly

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Mate all these serious symptoms that is apparently unique to C19.... seems like just another round of bad flu to me. None of them excluding the breathing problem are new.... and that seems to kick in solely for overweight, asthmatic or diabetic people who have breathing problems anyway.

I hear the horror stories and get flashbacks to illnesses I had years ago or in childhood..... you telling me this thing time traveled?
Lol...my cousin is a doctor, fit and healthy and under 35. Got hammered so badly by Covid she nearly ended up in hospital.
But continue believing it only affects fat, overweight and diabetic people.

Would you perhaps go out to get the virus and let us know how you feel? Doubt it...

Gyre

Expert Member
Mate all these serious symptoms that is apparently unique to C19.... seems like just another round of bad flu to me. None of them excluding the breathing problem are new.... and that seems to kick in solely for overweight, asthmatic or diabetic people who have breathing problems anyway.

I hear the horror stories and get flashbacks to illnesses I had years ago or in childhood..... you telling me this thing time traveled?

Just saying let me know your experience of you get it, that all.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
tenor.gif

Here to read the comments from the: "It's just flu, nothing to see here" crowd who aren't brave enough to test their luck with the virus.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Folks have forgotten what the reason was for level-5 lockdown in March 2020 and the zero-tolerance for Covid looting.

Trust the ANC at your own peril.
I have no doubt about the ANC being rotten. Unfortunately the suggestion of a hard lockdown was not about them, it's about saving the hospital system from collapsing. We're already seeing people being sent home to die and are looking at an Italy first wave scenario. People with other health emergencies have no space because covid patients are taking up the beds. But at least the economy is functioning and people have access to their alcohol...

Last edited:

porchrat

Honorary Master
Bloodstream? The PCR test scrapes mucous out your sinus cavity. All sorts of **** collects there and lingers.

To your point:

See the bit I bolded for you?
Oh yea my bad, forgot this particular sample is coming from your sinuses. I see your point.

Considering these tests focus on detectable virus within X number of cycles, I find it hard to believe the false positives are a big issue. You'd need to have a hell of a lot of viral genetic material just floating about in a rather inhospitable environment for a protracted period.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Just saying let me know your experience of you get it, that all.
That's rather the point.... I won't bother to test unless I stop being able to breathe..... I doubt I will be able to tell the difference otherwise.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Oh yea my bad, forgot this particular sample is coming from your sinuses. I see your point.

Considering these tests focus on detectable virus within X number of cycles, I find it hard to believe the false positives are a big issue. You'd need to have a hell of a lot of viral genetic material just floating about in a rather inhospitable environment for a protracted period.

As we mentioned earlier, the PCR tests are designed to look for the virus’ genetic material. Since coronaviruses don’t have DNA, the first step of PCR testing is converting the virus’s RNA into DNA in a process called reverse transcription. This is because DNA is a lot more stable than RNA. The PCR machine then makes millions of copies of the DNA by running multiple “cycles” (like a washing machine).

Millions of copies is a lot.

My understanding is that initially at first (and probably still the case, my faith in governments response to this is noted) the number of cycles was set so high that nearly half of tests were false positives. The rest of the world tweaked the test to a lower positive threshold.

A lower threshold for positive means the initial amount of viral material must be more, so your chances of the positive being an actual current infection is statistically enhanced.

The Darkness

Expert Member
The point remains the same. Where is the mass panic about XDR TB? Where are the lockdowns for XDR TB? Where is the "we are all going to diiiieeee" hysteria because the XDR TB problem is worsening?
I don’t see our hospitals overflowing with TB patients though.
Wait until you or a loved one gets this and let’s see your rambo then. This isn’t a normal virus. It’s not just about deaths, it’s about damaged lungs, heart conditions etc. You heroes jumping onto every thread talking down this real pandemic should be blocked from the forums. It’s disrespectful to all who are suffering in so many ways from this illness.

neoprema

Executive Member
I'm a bit confused about how they're saying "We're filling ICU beds faster than Doves can take the bodies away" i think on News24 - but then our daily deaths was 166. What am I not understanding?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I have no doubt about the ANC being rotten. Unfortunately the suggestion of a hard lockdown was not about them, it's about saving the hospital system from collapsing. We're already seeing people being sent home to die and are looking at an Italy first wave scenario. People with other health emergencies have no space because covid patients are taking up the beds. But at least the economy is functioning and people have access to their alcohol...
The ANC government failed (deliberately?) to deliver on commitments it made to bolster public healthcare facilities when lockdown level 5 in March 2020 was imposed. The ANC and country president furthermore said there would be zero-tolerance for those found stealing funds set aside to combat the pandemic.

Blame-shifting the need to keep the economy churning and people boozing as the cause of overwhelmed healthcare facilities (for the 3rd time now) doesn't take away from the fact the ANC cadres primarily looted and squandered, and those accountable have not faced any consequences.

Citizens are not suffering & dying because people are drinking or working. They are dying because the ANC didn't deliver on it's commitments, like they haven't done in the past 27 years. Don't be shocked.

R4m80

Question? If there are so many on this forum who knows people that got invected twice, are those people not adhering to social distancing and other protocols or are they actively trying to get invected?

R13...

Honorary Master
I'm a bit confused about how they're saying "We're filling ICU beds faster than Doves can take the bodies away" i think on News24 - but then our daily deaths was 166. What am I not understanding?
There aren't that many ICU beds and you must still save some for non COVID.

neoprema

Executive Member
Question? If there are so many on this forum who knows people that got invected twice, are those people not adhering to social distancing and other protocols or are they actively trying to get invected?
I've just been infected and I still take the same precautions. Mainly because i don't want flu on top of it but also not another COVID run-in. Although the CDC claims it should be rare?

Supervan II

Expert Member
The one guy I know is a teacher as a local high school who has been tested positive twice within 3 months - my question is: is he infected again or is the PCR test picking up a prior infection? He had, what he thought, was a bad cold earlier, but does not feel ill at all this time. (The second test was done together with the other teachers as a precaution.)

No-one he asked can give him a straight answer.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I don’t see our hospitals overflowing with TB patients though.
Wait until you or a loved one gets this and let’s see your rambo then. This isn’t a normal virus. It’s not just about deaths, it’s about damaged lungs, heart conditions etc. You heroes jumping onto every thread talking down this real pandemic should be blocked from the forums. It’s disrespectful to all who are suffering in so many ways from this illness.
Yes.... attack me with feelings.... that's definitely going to change my mind.